Sign in to follow this  
rixy

Main Differnaces Between A Charger And A Turbo On A VR?

i have recently been thinking about either supercharging or tubo charging my vr, and wondered what the main differances are?

Ive been told turbo doesnt give much low down torque, where as a charger gives lots of torque and power?

I've seen a bahn brenner turbo kit for the vr for 1200.00, which i thought was quite good. what does everyone think?

i have recently been thinking about either supercharging or tubo charging my vr, and wondered what the main differances are?

Ive been told turbo doesnt give much low down torque, where as a charger gives lots of torque and power?

I've seen a bahn brenner turbo kit for the vr for 1200.00, which i thought was quite good. what does everyone think?

don't want to pi$$ on yer chips but your insurance will bend you over and seriously rape you IF you can get a policy

wonder if gwerks will be doin the turbo kits then?i right fancy a turbo'd vr6,may even be tempted down that road instead of the s4 :lol:

The kit you have seen is just a upgrade kit. intercooler etc

Chargers are usually constantly spinning as they are belt driven by the engine thus giving extra boost through out the rev range.

Turbochargers are free spinning and do not provide extra power untill the engine is pushing out enough boost to turn it (usually 3k revs upwards)

only seen the turbo/supercharger done on a mk2 golf. was absolutely awesome!!

shouldnt think it would be much off that price by the time u pay all the tax and crap. Darren is the man to speak to about bahn brenner stuff. ill ask him about it if i go down there at the weekend mate!!

isnt that price roughly about 1200.00 ish anyway, maybe a it more after importing it etc? Rob_b says he thinks g_werks can get em anyway! might give him a call

turbo'd an supercharged?is that possible? :silly:

You'd also need to build an extra engine bay onto the side of the C in order to fit it all in - just fitting a supercharger is tight (especially on a VR), let alone trying to fit a turbo too.

isnt that price roughly about 1200.00 ish anyway, maybe a it more after importing it etc? Rob_b says he thinks g_werks can get em anyway! might give him a call

The advertised price on bbm site converts to £1537.79 you need to then add import tax - shipping and then Vat on top of that if you want it delivered.

aprox £2419 delivered.

Our prices incorperate all of the extra costs and should be very competative.

HTH

As Roddy said, good luck getting insurance.. i'm amazed you can get a Storm insured at 20 years old - add a supercharger to the equation and they'll just laugh at you!

kit look nice but i reckon it for the 2.8 not the 2.9 abv as it a usa site they put the 2.8`s in thier corrados (what a dum idea) please correct me if i am wrong

also remember that these kits are built for LHD cars

I know someon that orders a turbo kit from EIP bt sadly wont fit his RHD so had to sell it on and lost some money

something to keep in mind

kit look nice but i reckon it for the 2.8 not the 2.9 abv as it a usa site they put the 2.8`s in thier corrados (what a dum idea) please correct me if i am wrong

2.8AAA and 2.9ABV are practically the same tho.........just bigger bore in the 2.9ABV so i would imagine it should fit both