Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

more newbie adice please! Shocks?

Yes I do keep popping up all over the place but have limited web access so don't have too much time to search for stuff.

have a lowered 'Rado (don't know what the springs are but they're not cut downs. Problem is think its still on its original shocks (90k).

So my question is: Whats the best all-round shock package for a lowered car? I want something that'll go round corners and actually iron out bumps when they happen not 1/2 mile away!

Its a '92 2.0 16v if that makes a difference.

The Koni TA and H&R spring combo seems to be favourite at the moment, but FK Konigsports are also very good (coilovers tho, so cost a bit more but you can drop it to the deck further).

Dinkus, cheers for that but only looking at shocks at the moment.

The car's plenty low enough (chin spoiler's already got a few speed hump nibbles) just need to control the bounce a bit (lot) better!

Update on the springs is that they appear to be red epoxy coated (thank god I hosed the arches out last night when washing the car!)

Noo idea on what the springs are :? The H&Rs are green on a VR and I think blue on a valver, but not entirely sure.

Konis seem to be the shock of choice and they're a very similar price to the VAG ones, so you might as well :D

I think a lot of aftermarket companies coat their springs red. I have had Jamex and FK, both of which have been red.

I am running a complete FK setup on my Corrado, which is ok. Maybe you should try and buy a set of FK gas shocks. On previous cars I had Cofap gas shocks which worked fine too.

Cheers guys!

Can you give me some advice of best places to buy?

My web searches always come up with "Awesome" and they're reputation sucks (IMHO, from dealings when they were an "Aircooled" co as well)

if you are on a budget you may conider boge turbo gas, which i have had on my last scirrocco and my corrado. they are meant to be 30% uprated. I can deff feel the diff when pulling them by hand and also when on the car. Gsf do them. I will just say i only have std springs on the corrado but did have 60mm lower on the S.