Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

the 'wide look'

hi. i've seen a few lovely Cs on 15/16 inch wheels looking really low and wide at the rear, with stretched rubber etc. a sort of german look i guess.

was wondering what width wheels you can go to in 15 or 16 inch, and how is this sort of set up for clearing arches etc. is much involved? do they also use spacers??? don't your wheels come off with spacers? ;)

any info would be well appreciated.

if they are just spacers then they should be fine as long as you have a minimum of 7.5 complete turns of the wheel nuts.

I have adapters on my wheels which have caused no probs. 10 bolts per wheel and no wheels have come off yet!!

Spacers push the wheel out a bit, whereas adapters change the patten, 4x100 to 5x112 for example. And they space too, as they take up some space to do their job ;)

as i thought. so adapters do both then.

so, 50mm drop and spacers it is then! ;)

totally depennds on the wheel size, the offset, how low the car will be and the camber at what the wheels will be running at... if you do your homework you wont need spacers or just thin spacers and also if your going to be slamming your car properly you may need arch work on such rims hth

i have 9x16 wheels alround... the car is lowered about 50-60mm at the front and i only rub the wheels on full lock, the back arches have been cut but as the car is only lowered about 40mm (approx) the width aint causing any probs.... will be taking the car down to a 80mm drop allround and am only planning to have front arches cut too if poss.... offset of my wheels is 15 which, imho, makes em sit perfectly in the arches, no spacers needed!!!

oh, tyres are 205/40 16... give it that nice stretched look!!!! :)

hth!!!

got konigsports at the front and koni top adjustable shocks at the back, afaik.... need to find out how to alter the height at the back tho.... :oops: havnt got any instructions etc...

Easy! Under the spring plate is a circlip. Look on the damper body for some empty slots you can move the plate down to, then you just get the car in the air at the back and push the spring plate up with a bottle jack or something, pop the circlip out, drop it down and then lower the plate down again. It's tight in there but if you can't do it that way (Stealth managed it OK on mine) then you'll have to dissamble the struts, which isn't really a major headache.

Make sure the circlip grooves are spotless before sticking the circlip in them otherwise they won't seat properly and your car's red rump will drag itself on the floor if they pop out!

kev what u saying is fair enough but are you sure it will drop to around 80mm safely doing the above?

cheers Kev...

will get Konigsports for the back once i have had the arches done in a few months... i should however be able now to at least even the ride height out at 50/60 ish so she doesnt have the nose down stance anymore!!! yay!! :)

theres just a little too much of a height difference between back and front at the mo... tho i agree it does look good when its done proper like.... :)

nose down corrado rocks imo and i will be setting my up for that look soon as the salt clears off the road

nose down corrado rocks imo and i will be setting my up for that look soon as the salt clears off the road

8)