Sign in to follow this  
Gaz154

WET air filter

just opened the filter housing and the first third of the filter was very wet with a load of dead flies and crap stuck to the underside anyone experienced this before i don't see how water could get up to there from the vents to cool the radiator. :? :? :? :? :?

If its oil...best get on to it quick time coz same thing happened on my Xr3i which had similiar system and i had to change the lump hope urs dont get that far

Water drips off the inner wing and onto the airbox. It shouldn't get inside the airbox if the filter's seal is sound and fitted correctly into the channels. Water won't do any harm anyway, that's why the lower half of the box has drain holes and considering where the default air inlet is (behind the headlight), water gets in the box anyway, when driving in heavy rain.

Kev

doh i just figured out how it could of got wet i power washed the bonnet hinges cause they were mingin with grease and muck with the engine running water must have made it's way down theinside seam and hey presto into the air box :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: