vr6storm

quick-guide to storms

If I can just elaborate on what ClassicStorm said, the Storm is generally more expensive than the VR6 (unless your lucky) but it is the ultimate Corrado. Ofcourse you can get higher spec models, you could get a higher spec Austin Allegro! This is not the point, in years to come the Storm will become rarer still and be more collectable and therefore more expensive. This is why I paid the extra cash for my Storm knowing it was basically a normal VR6, I wanted to be the owner of a very rare and collectable car and be part of the final batch of one of the best cars ever made.

You will always pay over the odd's for special/limited editions of anything.

The less there is the more expensive it will be, this applies to everything in life.

Just my opinion. :D

they've been deleted for well over 2 years kev!!!!............but i reckon they weren't as "anal" as what BMW are about "Motorsport" parts

LOL, that shows what I know then doesn't it :lol:

I agree the Storm is the one to have for prosperity's sake but only if left completely standard imo.

Kev

Does anyone know who to tell what number of Storm they have?

they weren't numbered AFAIK......also the chassis numbers were all over the place so one C could be a storm and the very next one could have been an 8 valver

What's the difference between "classic green" and "dragon green" then?

classic green is a pearlescent whilst AFAIK dragon green is only a metalic...........

but you will not find a standard VR6 in Mystic Blue

The Storm is just history repeating itself though. The Scirocco storm didn't get much extra over the regular GTI either.

So for future Storm models, read that as leather and a red badge!

Can you go into VW and buy the Storm badges? Or are they anal about it like BMW's M livery? You need to show them the log book to get genuine M badges.

Kev

The Scirocco Storm had stuff on it that you couldn't GET on a normal Scirocco (electric windows, new body kit, special wheels and the new 1.8 engine.) Most of the items appeared on later Sciroccos, but at the time you just couldn't get them. Also very few Sciroccos had Leather option, whearas it appears loads of Corrados got leather.

VW sold out of the Corrado Storm badges years ago. A proper set will set you back quite a bit if you can find one :roll:

Badges are s*** anyway....so is there actually nay point at all in paying the extra money for a storm? I'd rather have Leather Recaros than a few badges....

Badges are s*** anyway....so is there actually nay point at all in paying the extra money for a storm? I'd rather have Leather Recaros than a few badges....

thats my whole point.....by all means buy a storm if thats what you must have.........(i was lucky enough to get my stormfor VR6 money :wink: )but there are a lot better specc'd VR's out there.........though as i 've always said i wouldn't change mine for the world :wink:

The other advantage in having a Storm is that you know it was one of the last produced... & maybe there was a bit of extra care given to them from the little emotional workers :)

I'd love a 'Storm' or 'Campain' but, I'm happy with what I've got

I'm going to view a storm on friday. As they were limited to just 500, I'm wondering if they were numbered either somewhere in the interior or on the V5, like on the recent Anniversary GTIs.

I'm going to view a storm on friday. As they were limited to just 500, I'm wondering if they were numbered either somewhere in the interior or on the V5, like on the recent Anniversary GTIs.

no.....nothing(other than badges) states its a storm the only real way(other than if it has the mystic blue colour code on the sticker) to tell if its a storm or not is to phone VW's customer care and quote the Vin/chassis number and they will confirm what it was sold as

There IS a big chance though that dealers were selling Storm badges for non-storm cars. I know for a fact that some of them did do this (my Campaign used to have Storm badges on it :mad: )

i'm not disputing that jeremy,as the badges must have been available for a while from the parts depts of VW dealers,but what i am saying is its very very highly unlikely for a VW dealer to put storm badges onto a leathered up non-storm VR and try pass it off as one

My car was supplied from dealer and advertised as 'Storm Spec' (although it was somewhat better specced) with Aqua paint , ABT carbon storm gearlever surround, ABT carbon glovebox, ABT coil over suspension, Silver Recaro leather seats, oh and the elusive Storm Badge

Matt :D

A 'storm' passed the wife the other night here in Inverness,either someones been shafted up the ringpiece or the 'L' reg VR6 has been painted white too !

I cringed even more when the present mrs chubby said the badge was on the lip of the rear spoiler,bad pun :mad:

when you say they are not showing storm on logbook,has anyone tried asking them to put it on ?

what are they going to say ? :p

There IS a big chance though that dealers were selling Storm badges for non-storm cars. I know for a fact that some of them did do this (my Campaign used to have Storm badges on it :mad: )

i'm not disputing that jeremy,as the badges must have been available for a while from the parts depts of VW dealers,but what i am saying is its very very highly unlikely for a VW dealer to put storm badges onto a leathered up non-storm VR and try pass it off as one

My car was supplied from dealer and advertised as 'Storm Spec' (although it was somewhat better specced) with Aqua paint , ABT carbon storm gearlever surround, ABT carbon glovebox, ABT coil over suspension, Silver Recaro leather seats, oh and the elusive Storm Badge

Matt :D

first off what date of registration is your very very nice looking VR??,also was it supplied new like that(with badges etc) or was it sold 2nd-hand and described as Storm-spec??.....must say that must be some looker in the flesh 8)

when you say they are not showing storm on logbook,has anyone tried asking them to put it on ?

what are they going to say ? :p

if they did then what would happen is that if someone then went to view a genuine storm that didn't have storm in the log-book......then they would be thinking its fake etc.....the best way to check if it is genuine is to phone VW's customer care line quoting either its original registration or Vin/chassis number

leonard ur motor looks well nice matey.

basically if some little kids ran around the country ripping storm badges off the cars, the value of these storms would simply drop...how silly is this......storms should have come with a more blantant difference, like more bhp or carbon fibre panels that made the car like 30% lighter and much much faster...soz i think i got a bit carried away

first off what date of registration is your very very nice looking VR??,also was it supplied new like that(with badges etc) or was it sold 2nd-hand and described as Storm-spec??.....must say that must be some looker in the flesh 8)

I was told by previous owner that the original owner bought it as is from the supplying dealer. I have a copy of the advert showing it with that spec on at the dealer. It is a 1995 car. Previous owner replaced ABT suspension as thought it was too harsh, however i have put Koni/Eibach on as I found it impossible to track down original ABT stuff which is a shame.(anyone on here got it?) Thanks for the nice words, I was very lucky to find it, I must have looked at a dozen complete lemons before finding this one. (which is why we should keep the price of the decent ones high) :)

leonard ur motor looks well nice matey.

basically if some little kids ran around the country ripping storm badges off the cars,

Cheers M8 and I do get a little paranoid on a friday/saturday night when the pubs shut :shock: I'm sure someone will start suppling copy badges though and then every Corrado will have one fitted! I have got some grief off die hard Corrado fans for having a Storm badge on mine before (like I'm depriving an original Storm owner or something :roll: ) however I don't really care and feel it is part of my cars history :)