Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Day at Santa Pod raceway

Here's some piccies of the day we've just had a Santa Pod raceway.

corradog60supercharged (Anthony) is in the Yellow. Also met 2CC (Chris) too.

Most files 120-250k (just warning you!).

Great photo's ! What time did Ant's G60 manage to get then? :)

Nice sunset photo too m8! Very arty! :D

The track was very slippy. No-one got a good time at all. Ant was running about 16sec for 1/4 mile - but it was very hard to get traction and wheel spinning up into 3rd!

Nice sunset photo too m8! Very arty!

Thanks :) Just Copyrighted it. I like taking delayed-exposure shots.

headlight out

Yup. Just to get a little more cold air into the induction kit :)

Traction what bloody traction!!!!!! :D It was a bit of a laugh I ve got to get that charge cooler on!!!! looking back on the timing slips my reaction times were spot on nothing above .99 of a second and the lowest being .34 the terminal speed were sh*t though cant really understand it, I have run 15's before without the chip and pulley I think I need to get it setup on a rolling road to get the best out of the beast!! Hey Andi that picture of the sunset when we were leaving has come out a treat my dad reckons you should try and sell it to the people who do the advertising for the pod as it is so good!! Next monthback down the pod to put in some better times anyone else fancy it this time!!! 16th feb and the 26 feb are the likely dates I will next be going.

What happened to the pictures of me whipping the pug 205 Mi16?????

16th Feb & 26th Feb?

Might have to try make it down to one of them then.. hopefully see your C eating up the competition m8 :)

Hey Andi that picture of the sunset when we were leaving has come out a treat my dad reckons you should try and sell it to the people who do the advertising for the pod as it is so good!!

I'll have a look on their site on who I should contact then :)

What happened to the pictures of me whipping the pug 205 Mi16?????

Attached :)

I agree that sunset pic is great!!!

Hey what tire pressures were you running? I like to air my 205/45/16s down to 27psi and air the rear up to 42 psi for drag racing. I don't know what the temps were but the winter temps can make it difficult on traction but nice for boost and that is very bad combination.

I also likes the pics of the parking lot with all the cars. It was interesting too see the variety of cars you have other there :)

I did a mixture of pressures the rears were at norm 30psi and the fronts started of at 28psi and after the first run I let them down to about 20psi cant give an exact pressure as I didn't have a gauge to measure them!!

I did a mixture of pressures the rears were at norm 30psi and the fronts started of at 28psi and after the first run I let them down to about 20psi cant give an exact pressure as I didn't have a gauge to measure them!!

from my whole 2 times that I've been to the track is that lower than 27psi in fronts and my times suffered. But then again I've only been to track on 2 occasions

from my whole 2 times that I've been to the track is that lower than 27psi in fronts and my times suffered. But then again I've only been to track on 2 occasions

The strip was very slippy.

All the time was lost on the first 1/8 mile, scrambling to get traction.

The increased drag from lower tyre pressures for the second 1/8th of a mile would be insignificant in comparison.

I think in this instant, it was right to lower the psi alot, in order to try and get a lot better take off, and not be spinning the wheels all the way into 3rd.

I also think Ant would've got better 1/4 mile times if we'd taken the car to Canada and done a 1/4 mile on a frozen lake! :)

I think I need to get the mixtures setup on a proper 4 gas emissions tester as my 2 gas one is a bit of a hit and miss the car seemed a bit flat in third I'll get it looked at hopefully befopre the next meet!!!

My times with the tyres at 30psi produced times of 16.9's and with them set at around 20psi I got times of 16.4 but that is probably down to reaction time, so I cant really tell what bennefits lowering the pressures had!!!

Here's some piccies of the day we've just had a Santa Pod raceway.

corradog60supercharged (Anthony) is in the Yellow. Also met 2CC (Chris) too.

Most files 120-250k (just warning you!).

Allright there!

Whats happened to the pics? They've gone? I saw them last night, but today at work they arent showing on the page? If anyone would care to email them to me - that would be great..... :wink:

Top day was had by all.... anyone got any pics/mpegs/avi's of me in the Golf on the 1/4 mile??

corradog60s - did you see what boost you were getting? Were your wheels actually slipping or would the car just not go?!

Cheers,

Jules

Whats happened to the pics? They've gone?

They're still there, m8.

They'll only show if you're logged in on the site. So look again :)

I didn't get any pics of you, sorry m8 :(

Alright jules

The wheels were struggling to get traction it was very slippy out there as you will probably know as you ran up the strip!! How did you do by the way my best time of the day was my last with a time of 16.374 and a reaction time of .34. I was seeing 12psi on the gauge it went up to 13psi at one point. Will you be attending any of the rwyb's next month I'm thinking of going up on either the 16th or the 26th if anyone wants to come as well!!

Somethings wrong there mate.... my VR6 engine was stock except I was running a GIAC chip, with a Scorpion exhaust. I did 16.2....

I've done 15.0's with the supercharger fitted - and this I believe is due to a knackered engine - ie: I should be doing 14.75s....

Maybe you had the hand-brake on??!! :lol: heheh!

I'll hopefully be going 16th or the 26th. This weekend is too soon - too much to do so little time.... and its going to snow soon it seems....!?

We'll get a thead going nearer the time and get everyone out to play again...

Jules

Andi, great pics and a great day too. Shame only saw 1 other c there tho'. For those of you impressed by the "copyrighted" sunset photy, notice how beautifully it is reflected on MY roof (actually it was the only bit still clean by that time)

LOL

Maybe you had the hand-brake on??!! heheh!

Nah not that stupid it obviously wasn't the right conditions too damp and cold I have run 15's before so I know the car is capable of sub 15's once I get the charge cooler on and get the fuel mixture setup right I will be back on form and give you a run for your money!! :D

I'm gonna take my car to a mate of mine who does MOTS he can put it on his 4 gas tester as mine is only a 2 gas tester and get it fuelling just right.

I will be putting a Thread on here and the club Gti forum in a week or so for the 16th or 26th I haven't decided which date I m gonna go on yet. Hopefully this time we'll get more dubs to go as it was a pretty poor turn out there were loads of subaru's, rovers and renaults but only a few of us. :?

Dave you might have been faster on the 26th but I will have the car set up perfectly on the 23rd for the next run and I will also be sporting a charge cooler as well!!! Are you coming if you are we'll have to make sure we go head to head for a laugh!!!!!!!!