Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Cleaning ISV?

Could a dirty ISV be causing a 16v to run on 3 cylinders or less?

If so how do you clean it, where is it.

And is it adjustable like the dissy ( Cos i took my dissy off before w/o markling where it came off..DOH!)

It wouldn't cause a car to run on less cylinders but it could exhibit similar symptoms, rough idle, stuttering etc. I don't know about 16Vs but VR6s have them and they are not adjustable. Normally cleaned with carb cleaner or similar then a light spray or lubricant. Try the search for more info.

Thinking about cleaning my ISV - my valver can be a touch tempermental for a short period after starting.

What is the details on cleaning them?

Had a search but didnt find a thread with details on valver ISV specifically - thoght id better check the process is the same as for VRs etc

Cheers

the best way ive found to clean them , is to get a tub of petrol and dunk the isv in it while its buzzing, that way all the dirt vibrates out

or carb cleaner sprayed in each end several times

I did the isv on mine today just used carb cleaner, use to hold its revs up and keep them on then idle rough, it's spot on now though

yes cleaning it can make quite abit of difference as stated above is the best way of cleaning it...

it is located at the top left hand side of the manifold.... it will probably be black it will have a grey plug at one end and two pipes running to it one at the opposite end to the electrical connection and one underneath...

hope that helps!