Sign in to follow this  
matth76

VSR 6 branch Exhaust Manifold

Hi

Is the VSR 6 branch Exhaust Manifold made of stainless steel or is it made of cast iron?

Are there any good quality aftermarket free flowing 6 branch exhaust manifolds (for a golf/corrado vr6) that are made of cast iron as opposed to thinner and weaker stainless steel?

Cheers

I'm pretty sure that the standard VR6 exhaust manifold is already pretty much as free-flowing as you can get, but I may be wrong.

Have any of your 71 posts *not* been creating threads? :lol: ;)

(I am of course only a joke - please start as many threads as you wish (within reason :hitler: ;)))

Edit: Spelling corrected ;) - dink

VSR exhaust manifold?!

The VR6 manifold is iron, the front pipes are stainless. I thought you already had a 6 brancher on your car?

I am of course only a joke

Try not to be too hard on yourself bud :)

I'm not entirely sure if that's what he meant, but I 'corrected' it for him :lol:

Thanks for your replies. You're right I've already got a stainless steel exhaust manifold. Was just curious if there were any after market 6 branches made of the same material as the stock one, which is very strong due to it being cast iron, and also transfers heat better than steel. Would be more of a future mod (but only IF my current one does crack in a couple of years - which I've heard they are prone to). Hopefully it will be fine though.

How long have people been running stainless steel ones on here? Mine wasn't cheap at £350 and is supposed to be good quality but then anything can happen.

It does seem to be more free flowing than my stock exhaust manifold. I still have the stock air filter. But I should be getting a BMC next month to get a bit more air into the engine. I think the exhaust manifold has actually reduced the back pressure quite a bit (along with my high flow cat and system). Without an uprated air filter can this cause a flat spot in low revs?

If it cracks, weld it, it's steel!

The art of exhaust manifolds is to keep the heat in, not dissapate it!

Anyone knowing thier stuff and has a performance tubular exhaust will also have it heat wrapped to keep the heat in the pipes.

There is no such thing as a VSR exhaust manifold to my knowledge my friend, crossed wires somewhere!

Chris