Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

Flip key on a corrado possible?

Hi guys, been following this thread for a while and working on my own solution and today have managed to get it finished!

Got a clifford on the C and bought a three button flip key off ebay a couple of months ago, did the key part but didn't want to carry around the flip key and the clifford remote so bought a three button clifford remote (ebay again) and got to work with the dremel!

Amoungst all the other projects on the go with the rado its taken a while but as it was pi**ing it down today thought i'd try and get it finished. It's taken quite a bit of hacking, gluing and soldering, but it does fit and works very well, fitted remote boot release last weekend and it works with that, just need to test it for reliability.

Got a couple of pics of work in progress and will try and take a video tomorrow (just got to work out how to post pics, sorry first post!)

Will be good to see some pics, good work and welcome to the forum! :)

I really need to get on and buy a flip key then see if I can get my spare alarm fob in there somehow!

sounds excellent if this is solution mate :)

nice work getting it all together, what clifford was it, and what flip key? (same as mine?)

flipkep1.jpg

Yeh my key looks the same as yours (3 button?). My Clifford is a concept 300 comes with the carbon effect 4 button remotes but the old style 3 button remotes still work. Took some more pictures today, video will have to wait, kind of broke it dismantling it to take the pictures!! :oops:

th_DSC00362.jpg

th_DSC00361.jpg

th_DSC00359.jpg

th_DSC00358.jpg

th_DSC00356.jpg

th_DSC00355.jpg

yeah sorry, just realised I didn't actually show the buttons on that pic :lol:

looks identical.

sorry to here about the accident, I was gonna strip mine down to take pics, but thought i'd break it too ;)

looks like i'm in the market for a new clifford then :)

oh, when you say the alarm came with a 4 button fob, but 3 button ones work, what do you lose, and presumably any 3 button inards can be reprogrammed to a new (4 button) clifford?

Think it's just some of my dodgy soldering, works if i hold all the wires together, don't fancy having to do that everytime I want to get into the car tho :lol:

Have you got a clifford/alarm at the moment?

My clifford is a G4 (Generation 4?) alarm, there are at least 3 different styles of remote that can be programmed to work with it, not sure which models come with which remotes though.

You don't really lose anything as such as you can program combinations of buttons to do different things and there are more combinations on the four buttons than functions on the alarm! The only button that isn't present on the three button remotes is remote headlights.

Any of these will work with a G4:

[align=center]cliffordremote3.jpg

cliffordremote2.jpg

cliffordremote1.jpg[/align]

i've got a flip key for my c but my alarm buttons are on a seperate thing its anoying,i tryed taking the key apart to put the alarm buttons in but they wouldnt fit.there must be somewere you can take it for someone to program it or something :?:

apparently not (according to the places I spoke to), thats why everyone is removing the gibblets from the Clifford fobs.

g60ff, I don't have a Clifford atm, but am looking to get one soon, so just wanted to know what the best one to aim for was.

Are you looking to get a new Clifford or DIY it? Can't go wrong with a concept 300 if you're gonna fit it yourself. Not sure what remotes come with the new ones so don't know how easy they would be to get into the flip key.

Finally got round to sorting the remote again, re-soldered everything and it works fine now, took some videos earlier....

Boot release

Lock car

Are you looking to get a new Clifford or DIY it? Can't go wrong with a concept 300 if you're gonna fit it yourself. Not sure what remotes come with the new ones so don't know how easy they would be to get into the flip key.

Finally got round to sorting the remote again, re-soldered everything and it works fine now, took some videos earlier....

Boot release

Lock car

I WANT -- I WANT -- I WANT --

Please share this... with the rest of us :)

I love the boot thing...:)

You'd have a steady stream of business if you could get this working for others as well

agree - definitely money to be made by someone..

is that a reversing camera in your boot lock position?

yeh, more of a rear view camera, hence the remote boot release.

Will need to refine some of the internals of the key, looking at getting some pcb making stuff to do it properly, not sure how long the superglue and selotape will hold out!

i used the internals from my microscan remote (same as autowatch but with boot release) and fitted them into the vw flip key housing, i then removed all of the tracks from the vw remote board and linked the connections from the buttons across to the microscan fob, as the microscan is only a single button to arm and disarm i just linked the lock and unlock buttons on the vw remote together so they both work as arm and disarm and then linked the boot release to the second button on the microscan remote which pops the boot by pressing it twice, its been working absolutely fine for 6 months now.