Sign in to follow this  
Henny

G60 rebuild spec wishlist....

OK guys, I need some opinions... After my G60 managed to (possibly, not had a full look yet) destroy the valves in my new ported cylinder head after the crank bolt sheared, I'm looking to rebuild the whole engine to be on the safe side... 8) (especially 'cos she's done 200K+ miles! :shock: )

So, here's the spec I'm working on so far...

2Litre bottom end (based around original block and supplied by John 16vg60 8) )

Stage4 Jabba Charger (already got!)

Gas flowed, polished and ported head (once it's re-done by John!)

Different Cam? (dunno about this one, I do lots of town driving and need a decent idle :?: )

3.5bar FPR

Red top injectors

68mm pully and SNS chip

New water, oil and P/S pumps (may as well change 'em while they're off!)

Genuine Audi S4 intercooler to go behind new S4 style front bumper

Different charger outlet (any ideas on which one?!? :?: )

Samco air hoses

Samco Water hoses

Mocal oil cooler

New sump

New gasket set (well, duh! :lol: )

New head bolts (again! :roll: )

All external bolts/nuts changed for Stainless steel ones

New Crank cambelt pulley and Crank Chargerbelt pulley (both knackered when the bolt sheared :? )

All new belts

New charger belt tensioner

I've already changed both of the plastic water flanges on the head and all temp/pressure/knock/lambda sensors etc around the engine so they don't need doing. I've also removed the carbon cannister and put a dirty great hole in the airbox mated up to a pipe which will run down to the S3 style bumper's vent. Oh, and I've fitted a new VAG rad fan after my old one broke... :roll:

Anyone got any ideas to add, or comments to make about these choices? I'm trying to refine the G60 engine so that externally it looks pretty much standard, but internally it's somewhat nicer than factory spec! :D

I need reliable power and usability not just a drag strip racer for weekends... :wink:

Henny, I can sort you with the 3.5 bar fpr if you haven't already got 1 I can do them for £45 inc postage if your interestedHenny,

The Red tops really need a 65mm pulley with the car running at least 15psi of boost realtivly low down to fuel properly or else the mid range becomes stogie.

With regard the 2.0 bottom end, what piston diameter do you intend to use? pushing 2.0 on reboring alone and no re stroke will result in very thin walls in the block. Boring to 83.5mm will only give you 1892cc. There are alternatives to getting increased mechanical power out of the block without jepodising the the relaiblity of the block.

Stand alone systems are good if you intend to continue modding the car in the future or use the car for different application i.e. a econmy map / track day map. You also have the added advantage of replacing the majority of the ECU loom which are getting tired and decrepid on the majority of G60 with them knocking into their teeage years now. In saying that the Digifant system has plenty of flexibility and can be adapted to accomodate the majority of modifacations.

All managment systems are only as good as the senders supplying them the information, replace the knock sensor, CO Potentiometer and lamba. All will be long in the tooth and worth replacing.

We will be having our Pitstop/G-werks alloy RSR stylee outlets delivered in the next few weeks.

i wouldn't go over 1.9L with the g-lader.. or atleast... thats what everyone says to me when i suggest it. g-lader runs out of breath at 2L... if you're gonna do it... run a really small pulley but dont take the revs as high.

if i were you i'd bore the PG block to 1.9L and then focus on headwork if youre stickin with the g-lader. wait.. that IS what i'm doing :D

oh... and get a somewhat mild cam. ive got a cam in my ride and the idle is fine. there are cams that will give you a boost in power without messing up the idle too bad.

The Red tops really need a 65mm pulley with the car running at least 15psi of boost realtivly low down to fuel properly or else the mid range becomes stogie.

Ah, this is exactly the sort of info I need to know... Thanks, that helps with my ideas... 8)

With regard the 2.0 bottom end, what piston diameter do you intend to use? pushing 2.0 on reboring alone and no re stroke will result in very thin walls in the block. Boring to 83.5mm will only give you 1892cc. There are alternatives to getting increased mechanical power out of the block without jepodising the the relaiblity of the block.

Dunno what the exact specs are for the bottom end yet... John (16vg60) and I are gonna talk it thru when he gets off his hols, as far as I know, it's the same setup that he used in his 16VG60... :D

All managment systems are only as good as the senders supplying them the information, replace the knock sensor, CO Potentiometer and lamba. All will be long in the tooth and worth replacing.

Oops, :oops: Forgot to add that onto the list with the temp/pressure sensors... They've all already been changed... :D (yes, I've spent a shed load on my C already! :shock: :? 8) )

We will be having our Pitstop/G-werks alloy RSR stylee outlets delivered in the next few weeks.

Sounds interesting... How much?!?

Steve/Liam /Darren, aren't you guys developing that pukka 1.9 rebuild?

Jah, we gonna build up my track G40 with the 1341cc forged pistons 1st and get that out of the way, then it is G60 1.9 time. The majority of bits are gathered, no doubt Darren will return back from holiday with a few more goodies in his suitcase to boot. The Forged pistons amost other things will provide a good platform for a reliable engine, there should be plenty of scope to get away with murder after that. :D

Not too sure on the final price of the outlets yet, they are not going to be mega money, he have ordered 50 so they chould be cheaper for us to buy in bulk.

We will keep you informed on the progress.

cool thread! mine will be due for a rebuild as soon as ive sorted the other million other things on it - makes very interesting reading! 8)

im back now !!! :lol: :lol: so lets get busy...

sounds like this man wants your money henny!

I got ya red tops, talk to you later in the week about it.

Matt