Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Dial pod insert at bottom of center dash...

ah, ive got a standard 2ltr 16v, maybe volts, or something like that, i have a desent install in my boot?

what does the oil PSI do to help inform me about?

I got volts and oil pressure in mine, it warns you if your oil pressure drops off, so it's a good early warning of a knackered oil pump.

how hard is it to wire up the voltmeter and oil preassure?

would you say its a nice addition to the dash?

You need oil pressure to keep the oil circulating around the engine - if it's too low then you'll detonate your engine, if it's too high (usually when the engine's cold - hence why you shouldn't rev a cold engine) you'll er, detonate, or at least put excessive wear on the engine. :lol:

It's particularly relevant for the G60's because the charger is pretty hard on oil and if your oil pressure is down then you'll lunch the charger.

Oil Pressure in your engine! Always a VERY good gauge to have!

I personally think these pods are ugly, however there is an original pod for sale on ebay also, but starts at £50 - see my post in ebay and misc. (it's not mien before you ask!)

if there are any oil leaks perhaps? It's fun to see the pressure go up as you floor the pedal :)

I'd go for volts and oil pressure, anyways. Volts for your stereo, and it's the one thing I'd like to know about my car (so I can see if there are things that steal current and how much my install uses when my car is off and so forth).

Obviously, I have no clue. Don't listen to me. After all, I am Norwegian.

I'd choose a different design also. If you're handy with filler and fiber, you could make some on your own. Originals are cooler every time I look at them.

not really, if you can do a stereo then you will be fine. 2x earth 2x 12v (igg) and 2x12 for illumination.. 1 sender wire from oil press sender. thats it really

cool, thanks guys, think ill get the backlit dash first as i've seen in another thred then get some gauges.