Sign in to follow this  
madhatta

exoert reqd: Is The 1.8 engine the same as a golfs?

Please keep us posted on how this works-depending on what engine and box i source,will decide if i do this mod.

Can it be done on a G60?

Cheers Fraser

Can it be done on a G60?

Nope. There's no boost bleed off valve on the Weber body which you need with the G60 engine... :?

Just wondering how every1s got on with these-iv put them off for a while ordered coilovers today and rear M3 lights :D

Cheers Fraser

I ve heard of people putting Audi throttle bodies on...?? (Ausi 80 maybe.....) Any one else heared of this mod.... think this may have been for a 8v thou but not 100% sure. Its the same idea as the weber....???

Cheers :lol:

I ve heard of people putting Audi throttle bodies on...?? (Ausi 80 maybe.....) Any one else heared of this mod.... think this may have been for a 8v thou but not 100% sure. Its the same idea as the weber....???

Cheers :lol:

Yup exactly the same idea, only the weber is about double the area on the butterfly! The audi 80 body is almost identical to the 16V one anyway... That's the mod for the 8V GTIs... 8)

I was told today off a guy who deals in cars,that an old Audi 90 twenty valve throttle body can be fitted and makes a hell of a difference-so tomorro im heading down the scrappy and hes going to fit it for me.He showed me it in a 16v golf and says its unbelievable.

Cheers Fraser

KARMANN,

Sounds good :) But i would of thought there abit hit to get hold of :? What engine is that from...a 5 cyl :?:

you say he showed you it.... you mean he showed you the parts or took you out in the car..??

Cheers Peter

kevhaywire,

Been offered a throttle body off an Audi 100 2.1 5 Cylinder with K-Jet will this do the job.......??? :?: :roll:

He also said : you will have to swap the throttle cable mechanism over with your car, the wide open throttle switch is the same on all K-Jet cars.

Cheers Peter

He showed me it-never got a chance out on it though.Wouldnt have made any difference if i had a go in it because its got a custom gearbox in it. All he said when he showed me it,that its off an Audi 90 5cl 20v of roughly the same age.I went to scrapy and there was one sitting there looked exactly like the one hed put on-very similar to the oe one.I was quoted £30 for it.Not sure if u need the cable,he didnt mention that at all.

Cheers Fraser

KARMANN,

Sorry bit confused will the audi 100 throttle body work on mine....?? Or should i just buy the webber one. Have you fitted the 90 throttle body to yours...??

Cheers Peter

Not sure bout the Audi 100 if its the same as Audi 90 then i suppose it would fit-iv not fitted it to my car yet few other things in pipeline before that now.

Cheers Fraser

Cheers Think i will wait abit then. Till you ve don't it :)

Should really be saving my money for the MOT anyway so fly through but you know what some garages are like.

Peter

He showed me it-never got a chance out on it though.Wouldnt have made any difference if i had a go in it because its got a custom gearbox in it. All he said when he showed me it,that its off an Audi 90 5cl 20v of roughly the same age.I went to scrapy and there was one sitting there looked exactly like the one hed put on-very similar to the oe one.I was quoted £30 for it.Not sure if u need the cable,he didnt mention that at all.

Cheers Fraser

The audi ones are the same size as the 16v ones as far as i know so it wont make the slightest difference

... but it depends on how firm you like your throttle to feel under your foot... I found I had slight problems when I first did mine due to having size 14 feet and a lead left foot! ;)

feel ashamed to mock someone who has helped so much... but wots the clutch got to do with it? or is it the fact ure foots so big u cant get ure RIGHT foot on the accelerator! :)

dunno, I know that the basic design is identical, but I think that the way that it's mounted may be inverted, so the butterfly opens up the other way around (cable pulls from the opposite side) on the Porsche version... maybe someone here with a Porsche 924/944 can give us a clue by posting a pic of their throttle body... (Hints at Rodders... ;) )

dunno, I know that the basic design is identical, but I think that the way that it's mounted may be inverted, so the butterfly opens up the other way around (cable pulls from the opposite side) on the Porsche version... maybe someone here with a Porsche 924/944 can give us a clue by posting a pic of their throttle body... (Hints at Rodders... ;) )

i just knew of the modded TB for the audi/VW engined(K-jet fuel-inj) 924/924lux...............AFAIK the TB for the Porsche-engined(DmE fuel-inj) 924S/944 are different from this :wink: