Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Engine Conversions

Ok. Alot of things going on in my head, but just wanted to try and gauge every option fully before i make my mind up on my engine.

I want to try and compile a list of conversions undertaken to get a particular engine into the Corrado bay. If you can think of any from overseas sites etc, please post up with as much info, or alink as possible.

So far i can list the following:

24V V6

R32

Audi TT? (ive seen this in a few other cars so assume it would fit a C?)

But thats it... :oops:

Don't forget the TDI, V5 and Audi V6 biturbo lumps.....they all go in too.

The V5 (170bhp version) is making a bit of an impact in the German scene at the minute and is an under rated engine. The german tuners have been playing about with it and some are knocking out well over 350hp with a turbo. The engine lends itself well to forced induction apparently, plus it's less weight over the front wheels. And they're cheap s/hand as everyone wants V6 engines.

1.8 20vt here...

What car has this come from? I dont know... :oops:

Would a seat engine fit? In particular one from a Cupra R?

All of the 1.8T 20V engines are effectively the same - bar some internal differences and different turbos afaik... Rather widely used engine, with std power ranging from 150bhp to 225bhp... It's fitted in nearly every mid-size car in the VAG group in one shape or another!

Don't forget the TDI, V5 and Audi V6 biturbo lumps.....they all go in too.

The V5 (170bhp version) is making a bit of an impact in the German scene at the minute and is an under rated engine. The german tuners have been playing about with it and some are knocking out well over 350hp with a turbo. The engine lends itself well to forced induction apparently, plus it's less weight over the front wheels. And they're cheap s/hand as everyone wants V6 engines.

I'm loving the sound of that. The 170bhp V5 is an awesome sounding motor, but not that many people have heard/driven them as they are less common. Got any links pic to any of these german tuned stuff?

i'd go for a 20v 1.8t engine any day. Or a vr, of course.

Do you have to change any of the axels or cv joints etc etc to fit the 20vt? or the v5? or whatever except the vr really? What are usually the costs except the engine, and how many work hours does it take a pro mechanic to fit one? (depending on the engine, I'm sure.)