Sign in to follow this  
Lanceevox

JOM Eyelid Badgless Grill

I finally got my JOM Eyelid Badgless Grill... I was excited to finally get it but it seemed pretty flimsy when I took it out of the box. It only got worse. I realized it had extra plastic insert tabs on it, so I simply cut them off. I then tried fitting it again and it just wouldnt set right. The ends of the eyelid were sticking out incorrectly. Basicly it doesnt fit right. How can I modify it so it fits cleanly? I am disapointed I paid $120 u.s. for it... FUDGE!

Is there some kind of adhesive that would be less perminent that I could put on? Because I am probably going to buy new headlights sooner or later.

You can get padded double-sided sticky-tape - might be worth a look?

I have a JOM Rieger-copy grille/eyebrow that I'm going to be painting and fitting soon, so I'll let you know how I get on...

You could use sticky back velcro (spelling?) on the headlights or some small self tappers in to the plastic surrounds... the reiger ones recomend the latter for fitting but I'm not sure I'd want to screw anythin in to my light surrounds :?

i had a reiger one and it came with some adhesive and some rivets. but i wasnt about to rivet it to the slam panel so i just used the adhesive, about 4 months later i lost it about 120mph on the M1. gutted.

Lance, I now know what you mean about the ends of the eyebrow - they're not moulded correctly and don't fit around the end of the headlights properly... I spent all my lunch at work today filing and shaping, but to no avail... :( Anyone had the same problem with the Rieger one?

Though I have discovered that a hot air gun will soften the plastic, allowing it to be re-shaped... Guess what I'm trying tomorrow! :lol:

I have just received mine today,and its not any worse than the Reiger one I had years ago.

The Reiger one fitted more or less the same as the Jom one.

Thing is I only paid £42 off E=bay for the Jom effort,the Reiger one originally cost me £120 and took 3 months to get.

Drilled some holes in mine over the headlights opposite where the 2 screws go thru the wings and slam panel, and hooked a cable tie underneath, where the end of the screw sticks thru, and thru the hole in the grille. Bit fiddly, and doesnt look too good with the bonnet open, but worked nicely. Really couldnt see velcro or double sided sticky stuff working too well.

Seems to be the week for JOM grilles - i got mine in the post this week. I have only tried it on without sticking it down - as mine is going for colour code on Monday.

Seems to fit ok - but it will need tacking down (not sure about drilling into the headlight casing though).

Somehow it was not what i expected the two rows under the spoiler are kind of bulbous and not as square as the rieger.

I finally fitted mine some what proper. Although a friend was helping me with the heat gun to fit it and a dent formed while it was bending so becarefull!!! I used Apoxy to stick the ends down and it looks alright..Don't know what ill do with it once I get new headlights.

Theres been many post about this and i have come to the conclusion that cluing or velcro the eyelids to the lights.

DSC00872.sized.jpg

Heres mine, It has held up for 110mph but last week while driving it flow off only going 55 but a Semi blow pass me casuing my car to move which ultimatly blow the grille off the car, so taping and using mounting tabs will hold it while driving but not from outside forces like large trucks..

we have one one our C

i drilled the tabs thru and screwed through the grille, rubber spacers provided and into the front panel

we used velcro to hold the eyelid in but that came off on one of my Aylesbury -> Southampton runs but by that time the grille had kinda reshaped..

this is over In.Pro Angel eyes

so which is better, JOM or reiger? it seems that both dont fit right.

Maybe someone should make some that you use the exsisting head light screw holes to keep it in place.