Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

How much is my VR6 worth????

May be looking to sell my VR6, but was wondering what the going rate was as I have been out of the scene for a while.

1995 on a M plate, immaculate Aqua blue paint, unmarked Speedlines, as new grey/silver electric Recaro interior with rare carbon glove box and Storm gearstick suround (well I haven't seen any others anyway).

Standard apart from sensible mods i.e Koni/Eibach suspension, Scorpion Exhaust, uprated engine mount, Black Diamond discs and Greenstuff pads, HT leads and Storm badgeing.

Full VWSH and massive file of bills and almost all MOT's.

57,000 miles.

Anyone got any ideas :?: What have similar cars been going for on the forum :?:

Hmmmnnn, wet finger pointing in the air I would say realistically about £6-£6.5K (a squeak more for leather perhaps, but I wasn't sure from your description)

The mileage/history sounds pretty good, but the mods & Storm badging might put some potential customers off...

(If it really was a Storm :mrgreen: you could probably add another £1K)

All IMHO,

2p

DtM

Hi Duncan

Cheers for that was hoping it would be worth a bit more :cry: It has got leather wasn't sure if it was silver or grey. Storm badges and ABT bits were fitted from new by supplying VW dealer. Could start some contraversy now (perhaps I should start new thread) but I do think Storms are highly overated as they only have different paint and wheels (and the speedline wheels are a better wheel). Am also led to believe that their are only two cars with same interior/exterior spec in country as mine. :)

Hi Duncan

Cheers for that was hoping it would be worth a bit more :cry: It has got leather wasn't sure if it was silver or grey. Storm badges and ABT bits were fitted from new by supplying VW dealer. Could start some contraversy now (perhaps I should start new thread) but I do think Storms are highly overated as they only have different paint and wheels (and the speedline wheels are a better wheel). Am also led to believe that their are only two cars with same interior/exterior spec in country as mine. :)

No worries. I was being 'conservative' with my guess-timate, you could probably get more, but then you have to compare it against what else is on the market. The price I gave you is a price to sell, rather than a price to hold out for... Leather helps though, that could push you towards £7K.

To be honest I think you'd get less for it from those 'in the know' than you would from someone who's not...

I agree that the Storm prestige is a bit misplaced (and so prices are somewhat infalted). Since it's only the blue paint code that was unique to that model (and it's not difficult get a similarly/better spec'd VR), I don't think I'd pay the extra for it.

Yeah, i'd take off the Storm badges, you should be able to sell these for silly prices on ebay anyways as alot of people with Storms have lost badges for variuos reasons and want to replace them

About £5K I reckon. Check Autotrader as there's 5 pages of VR6s. All fed up with stupid parts prices and shite build quality I suspect.

Kev

Now now Kevin! - Thats not the attitude we want on here :lol:

Just say to yourself things like....

'it is well built, much better than my mk2 :shock: ',

'i don't wish i'd spent a bit more and got a TT',

'VW dealers are great and always happy to look up parts prices for old cars knowing that were just using that as a guide and we'll get them much cheaper elsewhere!'

'1000 pounds for a service! - If i'd known it was that cheap I would have got it done sooner!!'

'these cars handle great as standard and need no modifications whatsoever'

'the windscreen wipers and door handles are the best features'

They're not that bad really. Just having a downer on the car at the mo....

The C is a stunning car, no question. It's just the naff interior that gets on my goat! It also doesn't help that VW treats the Corrado as it's Frankenstein creation it wants nothing to do with :( VW were so on the right track with the Corrado, such a shame they went all sensible on us.

Rant over....

K

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Blmey Kevin you must be having a bad day!

If you buy a good one in the first place and keep on top of all the niggly repairs as they go wrong I don't think the corrado's that bad. Got to remember that most are 10 years + old. I'd like to see how a ford focus is fairing after that length of time.

Hope you love your car again soon

Matt :)

P.S My interior is absolutely gorgeous (just mention that for any perspective buyers out there if i choose to sell) :D