Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Supersport coilovers or Fk Highsport

Ok guys I have a bit of a budget like really could do without having to do my suspension now but needs must so which of these would you guys go for.

Both of these are on the venom site but whats the diffrence in quality.

I have decieded that since I need 4 new shocks it has to be coilovers and they need to be height ajustable as if I am going to the expense might as well get her so low she is scrubbin.

Cheers in advance for the advice. :D

Tim

Yeah agree with above.I bought Supersports for mine from Venom and sent them back 1 month later,ride is shocking :wink: the rebound damping is not strong enough so the car bounces instead of soaking up the bumps. Venom were very good though and sent me the FKs without a problem to replace the Supersports.

FKs are still not perfect but are alot better than the Supersports.

Fk it is then, I have had a bit of a look around and venom seem to be the cheepest.

All in favour say aye :D

ayee badboy selecta :lol:

go konigsport if you can though

Would love to but my mate who gave my c the once over said the shocks need doing ASAP and what with xmas, going snowboarding and popping the big question to the missus in the next week am slightly budget concious.

I could have spent only 250 on standard shocks but thought if its only a ton50 more might as well get a set of coilovers hence the highsports.

Will they make a diffrence over the standard ride, bearing in mind at the mo she is lowered 50mm on a set of gmax springs?

Tim

Read back on a couple of threads and think G-werks are doing the best deal with the kind dicount to forum members that they give so am going to throw the business darrens way. Plus the solid bbm front mount I got off him last week was spot on.

get in contact with SLIMBO on here mate.

his mate can get highsports for 350 and konigsports for 460 delivered! :)

thats 'kin cheap

thats 'kin cheap

Arent these prices for a group buy thats taking place at the end of the month.. Its a very good price whenever it happens.

thats 'kin cheap

Did do and the price is spot on but really am in a rush for various reasons and the ride at the mo is f***ing awful( sorry mods only way to describe it). slimbos group buy dosnt finish till the end of the month. Plus darren at g-werks has a good price for forum members and in stock :D

Its going to be low :lol:

Well highsports orderded from G-Werks. Cant go wrong with them darren always v helpfull, Even responding to pms after a night on the lash :hic:

supersports are gash. only good if you want to slam it until it hits the floor. but then it'll ride as if it has no suspension at all.

cheap crap

I've not been in or driven a car with FK;s but they LOOK very well made indeed, amazing value.

nothing!!

Well, I have a borrowed set of AVO's on at the moment, which I despise. I did have some VR6 syncro H%R's, but they stared leaking (not coilovers either).

I'm currently on the lookout for suspension. FK's look good, but for some reason i can't get my head around the price. they are cheap for a reason, I just want to know where the money is being saved.

Koni won't make me anything that fits.

LEDA want £1500!!

and KW want E1600 but they will make them to my spec, whatever I want, which may come in handy seeing as I want rose joints on the bottom of the rear shocks and I want an anti roll bar collar on the front lower spring plate as I'm fitting R32 wishbones and ARB (seeing as no one make ARB's for a vr6 syncro!)

bloody hybrid cars, who's daft idea was that!

thats 'kin cheap

Did do and the price is spot on but really am in a rush for various reasons and the ride at the mo is f***ing awful( sorry mods only way to describe it). slimbos group buy dosnt finish till the end of the month. Plus darren at g-werks has a good price for forum members and in stock :D

Its going to be low :lol:

Does your GMAX suspension kit (shocks and springs) make the ride really bad? I was thinking about some for my golf vr6.

I only have the springs on the standard shocks, whick is the way the car was set up when I bought her and its not too great .

nothing!!

Well, I have a borrowed set of AVO's on at the moment, which I despise. I did have some VR6 syncro H%R's, but they stared leaking (not coilovers either).

I'm currently on the lookout for suspension. FK's look good, but for some reason i can't get my head around the price. they are cheap for a reason, I just want to know where the money is being saved.

LEDA want £1500!!

and KW want E1600 but they will make them to my spec, whatever I want, which may come in handy seeing as I want rose joints on the bottom of the rear shocks and I want an anti roll bar collar on the front lower spring plate as I'm fitting R32 wishbones and ARB (seeing as no one make ARB's for a vr6 syncro!)

i thnk FKs are cheap coz they ahvent spent sh1t lods in testing and development... jus stuc together somgood bits that actually work really well... whereas someone like Koni has spent a lot of time and capital into research and development.. but i could be totally wrong

been out in a car with AVO's and i thought there were flipping awfull

Just a quick one now that I have finally ordered the FK Highsports for my G60, How low should I go. I am running on 17,s and lowered 50mm at the mo and its still far 2 high. I think the highsports drop 80mm max. If I wind them all the way down does it affect the suspension or should it make no diffrence?

Guess FURKI is the one to answer this one. :D

Let us know how the Highsports feel as I was considering these too for my golf vr6. I have yet to find any reviews at all from people with Highsports.

How long are the Highsports supposed to last? The Phirm told me GMAX suspension kits have a guarantee for 3 years. The only thing that bothers me is the fact the GMAX sus kit only lowers the car 35mm which seems a bit small. Do they do a bigger drop kit for a golf vr6?

nothing!!

LEDA want £1500!!

i thnk FKs are cheap coz they ahvent spent s**t lods in testing and development... jus stuc together somgood bits that actually work really well... whereas someone like Koni has spent a lot of time and capital into research and development.. but i could be totally wrong

hmm, good point, never looked at it that way!!! but surely, if they were as good as koni's, then why would koni supply them with their dampers as it'd only mean they are losing out on more profit which they could make from selling their own branded gear?

actually, when you look at FK as a brand, they just seem to be marketing other people's kit anyway. I'd like to compare some FK's directly with some Koni's and see just what difference there is.

all I can see at the moment is that they don't have the specially wound springs that koni's have (the koni;s get woder int he middle so the don't get coil bound as easily as a "straigth" spring would)

Just a quick one now that I have finally ordered the FK Highsports for my G60, How low should I go. I am running on 17,s and lowered 50mm at the mo and its still far 2 high. I think the highsports drop 80mm max. If I wind them all the way down does it affect the suspension or should it make no diffrence?

Guess FURKI is the one to answer this one. :D

i know highsports will go low enough for most corado users i think its 100mm max drop thoug... but there is a certain point which you will lower past when it starts to affect handling,, buy tbh its not much and you will have to make a sacrifice between looks and handling,,, also depends on the suspension system... using koni's mines slammed to more or les max drop the corrado can take and its glued to the road,, if it ever looses grip its always the rear anyways

nothing!!

LEDA want £1500!!

i thnk FKs are cheap coz they ahvent spent s**t lods in testing and development... jus stuc together somgood bits that actually work really well... whereas someone like Koni has spent a lot of time and capital into research and development.. but i could be totally wrong

hmm, good point, never looked at it that way!!! but surely, if they were as good as koni's, then why would koni supply them with their dampers as it'd only mean they are losing out on more profit which they could make from selling their own branded gear?

actually, when you look at FK as a brand, they just seem to be marketing other people's kit anyway. I'd like to compare some FK's directly with some Koni's and see just what difference there is.

all I can see at the moment is that they don't have the specially wound springs that koni's have (the koni;s get woder int he middle so the don't get coil bound as easily as a "straigth" spring would)

koni would surely get profit from FK, as per vol of sales FK are making... also they would save money from manufacturing, design, advertising etc etc has FK would do their own so maybe when you add all this up koni are probably doing quite well just supplying their bits...

tbh i had FK AK on my car before the koni's and the front are very good on the FK much like the koni's but much softer ride.. good for day to day driving but koni's win on overall handling... the rears the FK's didnt go low enough and the grip wasnt as good as the koni's... BUT for what they are and how much they cost i would buy the FK's again if i didnt want to go as low... the koni's are far superior but all depends on how you drive your car and what you want from it.