Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Coilover care?

I've only had my FK highsports for 6mths, the car is garaged stored. Went for MOT yesterday and had a look at them they looked like shit. They were very white just looked orrid, i sprayed all the spray that came with the kit but i guess it wasnt good enough for road salt.

then tape up the thread

Wish I'd thought of doing that when mine were put on. Had them adjusted about two weeks later and they were covered in crap :evil:

Had good results with the FK spray, which I do apply regularly. You can also use cavity wax sprays like Waxoyl.

Then again, I don't drive my coil-overed cars during the winter or during wet weather :-)

Tempest

waxoyl is the daddy of preservatives, i really rate this stuff :thumb right:

Would waxoyl not start to flake away after time tho, could be problematic for coilovers??

Should I be doing this sort of thing to my shocks & springs or is it a coilover only club?

waxoyl is the daddy of preservatives, i really rate this stuff :thumb right:

Would waxoyl not start to flake away after time tho, could be problematic for coilovers??

not really, waxoyl tends to creep over time so it sort of self heals, i`ve still got waxoyl on my rear axle, having said that i have no idea when it was applied but it`s doing it`s business, i`ll admit that the springs may suffer from a bit of cracking but i would have thought the threaded section was more important