Sign in to follow this  
stoner

16v vs VR6 MPG

Not if this is in the right section.....

What do you typically get MPG-wise from VR6? I'm toying with upgrading my 16v, but I a long commute to work (100 miles each day), and if the MPG is going to be a lot worse, then I can't really go for it. I'm mostly driving on dual carriageway and fast A roads, and I'm getting 33-34MPG from the 16v. My mate has a VR6 and reckons he gets 30MPG, but this seems better than I'd expect!

Andy.

28.8 mpg over the last 2000 miles according to the trip. Driving a mix of m'way, A roads and country lanes with an average commute to work of 13 miles. I never boot it before oil reaches 80 degs so most of the miles have been done without a heavy right foot.

usual about 27/28, m'way steady cruise can average 35 on a good day. probably about 4 when I'm out with Jim :lol:

According to my calculations done the old fashioned way, I average 33mpg in mine.

The VR has longer gear ratios so sitting on the Motorway in 5th at a steady speed often sees a VR return 30+ mpg.

Kev

Owning one of each and having used them both on a 115 mile M25 commute, I have to say that the VR6 got better fuel economy.

The difference is only 3-5mpg though (30+mpg vs ~35mpg)

Regulary get 30+ in the MFA, I recon on £10 = 100 miles, mostly short runs as well. But all ways :D

Guy.

i was getting about 32mpg down to gti-international last year mainly 80-85mph M-way driving

btw moving this into common corrado questions :wink:

usual about 27/28, m'way steady cruise can average 35 on a good day. probably about 4 when I'm out with Jim :lol:

lol!!

Well you were the one trying to get me to 'stick it into 2nd and floor it' at like 50MPH :D :D Not that I am complaining mind ;)

I have never managed over about 28, usual driving gives about 22mpg. Money wise that gives me about £45.00 per 300 miles. Don't think I give it a massively hard time either, the fun and noise starts at about 4krpm. :twisted:

I would regularly get 40mpg in the valver on motorway journeys, 25-30 around town. Best I got was 53mpg :D

Usually around 25mpg around town in the VR, and 28-35mpg on longer trips.

Overall, my 16v was much more economic. Used to fill up every 2 weeks, now it's every week :shock:

Mind you, I haven't had it long, so it's still being 'driven' virtually every journey :twisted: