Sign in to follow this  
joby

BBS RMs advice please!

I have been looking at buying a set of these rims for my corrado they are 15 inch 6.5 front and 7.5 rear what do you think they would look like and has anyone else used this combination the car has been lowered by 40mm would they look lost under the arches any advice please

heres a pic

they'll look great and at that size i'd think they'll fit fine, mine are 6.5 all over but i want bigger rims for the rear.

How much are they??

yeah they look cleaner than mine t.b.h.

try and get them for 500 and i reckon youll be happy with them.

I somtimes think 16's would be easier to drop lower but mine must be droped by 40 with no probs.

Was gonna offer him £500 anyway! see what happens eh. im running 17s at the moment but always fancied going back to 15s as the car seems a bit unsettled at high speed

Those widths are fine, as the front 6.5 will take a 205 tyre - which is what really shows and makes the difference.

The rears 7.5 can be 225 tyre , which will look fat.

Side-on, I see your point about a 15" rim looking lost. Personally I 'm very unsure; I think my 15" BBS look small - but its all down to your preference. You need to piccy examples on a C....

I am more than happy with my 15" RM's when they are on the car but it is 35mm lower so the wheel fills the arches more.

For what it's worth I think these would look pretty darn nice, especially with the 7.5" rears 8) ...although 7.5's all round would be better in my opinion...as for the 15's vs 17's thing, 15's for sure!!!!

Walesy - are those 15" on your sig?

and what width on the front; it looks massive, but a narrow tyre? No rubbing in the arches? (and the offset is?)

StuartFZR400, There's 2 different cars in my sig...

I assume you mean the raddo on the left? It certainly attracts alot of attention... :lol:

That car/wheels now belongs to trev-b on here...If I remember correctly (( didn't have the car long! )) the wheels are 16's .. 16x9 on the back and 16x7.5 on the front. They're brock B2's, the tyres were stretched unbelievably, there was slight rubbing on the rear drivers side on bumps now and then , the car was dropped on FK Highsports. Not sure about the offset sorry.

The car on the right has 15x7.5 Oz turbos all round.

Thanks for the replys everyone! Im picking these up on sunday if all goes well :D CaiosG60 PWR what size are those bbs`s on ya mates corrado they look wide and the car looks low! Hope mine looks like that :-P

I had a set of RM's on my old Golf (See Gallery) and like the look of them.

Would say though that they are a bit of a 'mare to keep clean. Many an hour needs to be devoted to sitting on your ass with a toothbrush. My advise would be to not let them get too dirty. Wipe them down with some WD40 regularly.

You might also want to think about running them as summer only wheels.

Well I picked the wheels up on saturday and they are in stunning condition! A quick polish and i fitted them, I have mixed feelings really the car sits 20mm lower at the back and 10mm at the front and feels like a Go Kart to drive it actually feels slower on accereration than the 17s :o whats that all about and lots more road noise im wondering if the tyre combination is right, 195/45/15 as oppose to standard 185/55/15 if im correct they do look slightly lost in the arches but what can you expect after 17s i suppose.. Any thoughts on the tyre size ?? heres a couple of pics

agree with gradeAfailure 'bout tyre size, mines on 195/50s (cheaper size then 195/45s when replacing too!), if the tyres are not directional you might also find that changing to directional ones will reduce the noise factor. I found non-directional tyres with block treads much noisey then say Toyo Proxes or Eagle F1s which have a longer tread pattern.

Sorry for not replying sooner. I think my mates (previous page) where 8.5 front and 9 rear or it could have been 8 front and 8.5 rear. 195 tyres all around for that streched look. Its is also lowered quite a lot on coilovers so not sure quite how much of a drop. Was slamed then raised untill it didnt rub.........much! :lol: