Sign in to follow this  
G60 Bob

G60 - Different lamda for CAT and non-CAT variants?

Just called the stealership to order a new lamda and thay informed me that there are different parts for G60s depending on whether or not they have a CAT. Ive never heard of this before but as i am planning on de-catting shortly should i get the non-CAT version?

Will it still pass the MOT with the CAT on (as it failed MOT on emissions and i dont have time to order and fit the de-cat before the re-test).

All UK G60's got a CAT as standard and if you've had a bypass pipe you will still need a probe, there are 2 types I think depending on the wiring, just give them the reg/chassis number and tell them to get on with it!

Maybe i didntt explain myself properly - i can get the version of the lamda for a G60 with a cat but as i am planning to de-cat would it run better with the other version. Or another way of saying it 'what is the difference between these two lamda sensors - will the cat version work OK with a de-CAT?'

where was the non cat version sold? i once asked if a non cat pipe was avail and they said no

just order the one for your chassis number