destructiv dave

destructiv dave's silver valver (update 11/07/11)

looking good mate. your a bit in front of me. my engines still on a stand. ive gone for scat rods which im waiting for and forged wiseco pistons.

how you getting on with the ms.

whats your power goals.

id get some proper engine mounts too. my G60 snaps the brackets aon the front mount now. i use a volkspeed wC mount on the front.

think we gotta get the 16vt guys together when we are done and give it to the 1.8t brigade.

I've not seen this thread, the car is absolutely stunning , My favourite colour....in fact, a 16vT in silver is just about the perfect raddo :mrgreen:

Gazza,

Was looking into JE Pistons from the states but the costs were starting to mount up quite quickly, with a rebore and balance etc.

A friend of mine is building my MS and my Loom and will be mapping it. He mapped the red 2l 16v that is for sale on here and works for Ford doing mapping.

Have got hold of a solid front mount but am waiting for it to be posted to me.

i got my 9a pistons for $460. rods are comming in at $300 and the bore and sleeve £200. it can mount up. i got no history on my engine though and am aiming for 400-450hp.

i got my ms ready built. i had to buy an ignition module and am chaning the circuits so i can use the ISV. im gonna start with 550cc injectors but get a set of 800cc or so for when i up the boost.

good luck mate.

A couple more update pics

P1030232.JPG

Used an S2 fuel rail, had 88mm chopped out (incl. number 4), and welded back together.

P1030236.JPG

Then he flipped it over and took the mounting point off the back and transferred it to the front so the bracket lines up.

P1030240.JPG

Another pic. Not sure whether to powdercoat it all black, along with the rocker cover, or to bling it up.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Gazza, make sure you put up build photo's as your's look like an interesting project.

Edited by destructiv dave
Updated dead links

Bally,

Can't take any credit for the fabrication as I get my little man on my industrial estate to do it for me.

I just come up with the ideas and the cash.

Dave

always the way.. will have to see yr car sometime once its back on the road.. do you still go Ace Cafe??

Not sure whether to powdercoat it all black, along with the rocker cover, or to bling it up.

I think bling on the manifold and rocker cover is a must!

Looking very good, I may have to follow yours and GazzaG60's lead and do mine......

Good skills on your work so far anyway, I'll be watching this carefully...

How is this getting on? Did you finish it dude? Your pics seem to have disappeared :(

Ok thread update.

So back in 2006, the car was towed down to West Sussex. Plan was to have a company down there finish off the conversion but that didn't come to anything. So instead she sat off road next to a mates garage in Littlehampton. Didn't see it again for 2 years as priorities had changed.

Finally got some impetus to finish it, so arranged for delivery to a friends barn in Essex. This transaction was arranged on-line through a ClubGTI member (thanks Lizard Logistics) and delivery was taken by my mate Tim. I still hadn't seen the old girl pretty much since 2006. Eventually went down to the barn to catch up. I was warned that she was in worse shape than when I left her back in 2006.

Turned out that she hadn't been securely locked in LA so was easy access. Lost the Audioscape enclosure and sub and amp and the b**tards cut out the Clifford by chopping every wire that connected into the fusebox.

So went from requiring boost pipes and other odds and sods back in 2006, to needing re-wiring and a new alarm. They also took the lupo wipers (but it seems they put some standard ones in the car) and someone scratched f**k off in the bonnet.

So last summer, spent two days in the footwell soldering in connectors off a spare loom I happened to have and made good progress, however things stalled again (seem to have completer/finisher issues).

Finally, early this year took the decision to involve an old friend, Nando, to take on and finish her off. He took delivery about two-three months back and has cracked on with it. He has gone over the entire car finishing her off to a high standard and made sure everything works (particularly with the wiring) and has generally invested a lot of time in it. The result - she has just passed her MOT. So now need insurance and road tax and will be back onthe road.

Will update when I get some new shots, but looking forward to driving her again - been driving the missus's 1.1 206 for the past few years!!

Thats **** mate sorry to hear about the theiving but fair play to crack on and get it finished!! look forward to seeing the finished product after reading the thread!

Get pics up, would like to see it done.

When you next at ace cafe wanna see what the finished product is like

Moved to Tunbridge Wells so bit of a drive to Ace, but will let you know the next time I go and will definately meet up with Nando, so feel free to come and have a look over my car.

Now she is back on the road, thought I would post up some current pictures.

CIMG3324.JPG

CIMG3321.JPG

CIMG3315.JPG

Unfortunately, although she runs there is a list of issues that need to be resolved.

Electrics

Spoiler doesn't go up or down automatically

Sunroof has stopped working completely.

Indicators on clocks don't work (but do work externally).

High beam indicators doesn't work.

ABS light doesn't work.

Washer jets don't work.

And, recently all the clock gauges have stopped working (water temp, fuel level, speedo and tacho) and can't scroll through the MFA functions, as well as the interior light and glovebox light.

Chassis

Rear beam is bent and needs to be replaced.

Front nearside wheel bearing is on its way out.

Interior

Drivers door doesn't unlock on the button (imagine it is the vacuum pipe as all the other doors and fuel filler flap work).

Require cross-overs for my Focal Polyglass 165v2 as they were stolen when off-road.

Re-fit head-unit.

Passenger seat needs the little white plastic clips, as rocks a little.

Floor mats to replace the stolen ones.

Edited by destructiv dave
increase image size

Thanks Scruffy - unfortunately all the issues I have are of my own making (apart from the bent rear beam!!).

Good luck with yours and well done for saving another C from the scrapyard.

Wow just stumbled across this, I now own this car, bought it as an engine less shell 18 months ago, now has an R32 in it . Managed a 13.4@100mph in it.
uc?export=view&id=14rl5xxaOh_xEWrtrTtbga

On 5/3/2006 at 1:50 AM, joebloggsVR69 said:

Aaaaaaaah Bounds Green!

I live 5mins away, off Colney Hatch lane 😄

Just read the thread out of interest as have a 16v I either need to sell or do something interesting with and noticed the houses and thought familiar too. I grew up on Friern Barnet Lane (no 22) close to Colney Hatch Lane and had friends that lived in the new housing estate on Colney Hatch Lane. Long time ago now but was there when this posted lol.