Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Where's the best place to buy an RS2 Front Bumper

As the title says... Anyone got any ideas or reccomendations for a front bumper that looks like the RS2 one but actually fits? :roll: And where to get one from? I'm looking at the Dietrich one at the moment...

Please help...

Ta! :D

speak to john mitchell as he has what i think you are looking for on his car.. im sure he would be able to source and do the work on it for you as his fits on his car ok...

speak to john mitchell as he has what i think you are looking for on his car.. im sure he would be able to source and do the work on it for you as his fits on his car ok...

:lol: :lol: I AM speaking to John as that's who's hopefully doing the build of my 2Litre lump for the my C! :lol: :lol:

I know he had "an interesting time" :wink: fitting his bumper, which is why I am asking other people what their opinions are and what their experiences have been...

I'm trying to do as much of the work as possible on my C as I used to be a mechanic and I miss doing some of this stuff which is part of the reason I bought J-DUB... It's also a shed load cheaper to do it myself, and, more importantly, (to me at least) I then know EXACTLY what's been done and how it's been done so when I'm going around a "track" :wink: at 140MPH I can do it in the knowledge that if anything goes wrong, it's my own stupid fault and not some mechanic I've only met once! :lol:

Thanks for the reply though, it is appreciated! 8) Keep 'em coming... :)

alex also fitted his own front bumper i think might be worth dropping him a mail...

Who's Alex? (sorry if I'm being thick...)

aposegil and i think he is online now... :lol:

Ta Darren! We've now spoken and he's given me a few pointers and ideas...

Thanks to Alex as well! 8)

keep the replies coming though! 8)

Right, I'm now getting annoyed with these flippin' bumpers... :mad:

I want a PLASTIC front bumper, NOT fibreglass... I found the one I want looks wise, and it's plastic too. It's a Reiger R-RS bumper and Venom can supply them for a good price :D BUT, they're only a half bumper... It requires you to chop the original bumper under the indicator/fogs and then bond on the new bit to the bottom of the bumper... :mad: I really don't fancy doing that 'cos the bonding always cracks on front bumpers...

Does anyone know of anybody who makes/sells this style of bumper complete made out of plastic? I need to get hold of one pretty soon as I'm starting to make a move on rebuilding my car now and I'll need an RS style bumper to put the audi intercooler behind! :wink: 8)

what cooler are you going to fit in there then ?? all the dietrich ones i have seen have been fibreglass too... but i will try and find the details of the guy in germany who was going to do some stuff like this in abs plastics...

mate fibreglass its not as bad as you think,they are fragile but very light. End of the day if u hit something with your front u will damage it being fibreglass or plastic. Fibreglass can be repaired and be as good as new. Its bit tricky to fit though as you need to make 2 metal plates to support the front area of the bumper from the inside. On the sides you can use 2 exsisting holes. rs fibreglass bumpers give u most space for front intercoolers,but once you start doing custom work that cant use parts off the shelf u will struggle,it can be done tho. gud luck 8)

what cooler are you going to fit in there then ?? all the dietrich ones i have seen have been fibreglass too... but i will try and find the details of the guy in germany who was going to do some stuff like this in abs plastics...

Cheers Darren! I'll keep an eye out for if you find that number...

The intercooler is a genuine Audi part from an RS, but I forget which number! :oops: It's only about £200 new and has alloy ends and internal fins for maximum cooling... Should go well with my new engine... 8) :D

mate fibreglass its not as bad as you think, they are fragile but very light.

I used to work at a garage and, personally, I don't want a fibreglass panel anywhere near my car... :?

End of the day if u hit something with your front u will damage it being fibreglass or plastic.

I've seen fibreglass panels holed by flying stones kicked up by passing lorries, plastic ones never have this problem... Thanks for your reply though, I value everyone's opinions 'cos everyone's got different experiences which are all useful to know... 8)