Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

G60 Rebuild

Mmmmm except sea salt flakes appearing on it as it corrodes... :lol:

Can you get it Laminated or electroplated to make cleaning easier?

Just so you all know the car is being worked on, the heads on, exhaust, pulleys etc.

The driveshaft pully keyway was f***ed and im glad to say that my friend whos an amazing genius managed to weld a lump to it and reshape the key way, god the fit was like virgin oil! lol saved me £1000 bottom end work...

While the car is in my mates workshop i did a few jobs like the waxoil of the chassis, CV boot and the acclaimed MT90 gear box oil so just a question of getting it all together to start it up again for the first time in a year...

Well last wednesday morning at 2.30am me my friend and my bleeding hands nervous with anticipitation cranked it to start for the first time in a year...

Started first time of course :D

Damn near killed me doing it but was worth the wait to hear the throaty roar again! :lol:

Some pix for your intrest. The camera makes the cover look pink for some reason though sorry :oops:

Just got the few niggles befor the MOT to sort out them its the fun bit!

Cheers

hmmm dinkus pinkus rocker cover,good progress m8,i'm still in the gatherin money together phase,although i have got polished rocker cover now and also polished my isv,started to do the alternater aswell

LOL where did you think up that saying from!!

Yes I bow my head in shame the photo makes it LOOK pink I SWEAR....

By the way, if you want to know how much this has cost me so far...

head rework & gaskets 255

PAS pump brackets 25

engine oil, filter, plugs & coolant 50

friends labour so far... 400

tyres 4 x 17inch 214

charger oil hose 25

pulley 25

Door lock kit 30

gear oil 30

head bolts, exhaust bolts etc 35

GRAND TOTAL £1089.... :drinking:

Bear in mind that ive still got the MOT to come then the paint respray and alloy refurb.... :shocked!:

Should look great when all sorted though!!

Oh yeah, has anyone ever noticed the engine when is first reconnected to the battery and started it runs at 3000rpm then slowly settles to choke idle..?

Kind of like a self learning program?

are u havin the charger serviced aswell?(just to add to the list :lol: )

is that about the average price for gettin the head ported an polished?

LOL where did you think up that saying from!!

Yes I bow my head in shame the photo makes it LOOK pink I SWEAR...

Go onnnn you know it's pink really :lol:

LOL its bl**dy red HONEST!

Yeah im getting the charger serviced at a later date mate, wanna get it running proper first, Im driving a shed on wheels at the mo...

nothing wrong with a lil' pink on the g60.

are you getting a charger to match? :lol:

Isn't that only available on the rare Barbie Limited Edition G60s? Ginger69 you lucky sod catching one of those beauties!

;)

LOL sacre blu!

Ill get better photos ASAP gonna have it on the road in a few weeks, but my digital camera is way too powerful for the limited forum downloads, been using my cam-phone 1.3 megapixel...

LOL sacre blu!

Ill get it repainted ASAP gonna have it on the road in a few weeks, but my big pink cam cover is way too powerful for the narrow minded forum users...

;)

The cars all ready for the MOT... just been getting work done on it, tuesday goes in for the tuneup then the MOT... Ill let you know how it all goes! :D

LOL sacre blu!

Ill get better photos ASAP gonna have it on the road in a few weeks, but my digital camera is way too powerful for the limited forum downloads, been using my cam-phone 1.3 megapixel...[/

if your finding it wont down load you camara photos. edit them so they are half the size. then they will go on. with the same quality 8)

LOL sacre blu!

Ill get better photos ASAP gonna have it on the road in a few weeks, but my digital camera is way too powerful for the limited forum downloads, been using my cam-phone 1.3 megapixel...

if your finding it wont down load you camara photos. edit them so they are half the size. then they will go on. with the same quality 8)