Sign in to follow this  
steve @

Hiflowheads Manifold work

Whilst browsing I found that http://www.hiflowheads.com offer a few parts for the VR6 motor. But what caught my eye was the inlet manifold work which they offer, so I sent them a mail and received the following.

Hi

the std inlet manifold is very restrictive. This is mainly due to the location of the spark plug apetures in the manifold. We cut the manifold open & port the internals removing the main restrictors. Once all the work has been done the manifold is re welded back together. All the work is done on the underside of the manifold. We have also incorprated 2 Ecoteks valves in manifold to help throttle responce & low down torque.

Finally, we also port the existing throttle bodies to, again imprve throttle responce & torque.

The only downside to the manifold, is like VSR, you need to remove the manifold to remove the plugs.

hope this give you an insite to what we do. It really is a cracking little mod & offers signifcant improvments for those on a budget.

ANdy

Hello

Whilst browing you site I came across the inlet manifold work which you offer for the VR6 engine. I may be interested in this but basically just wanted to know what was invloved work wise?

Also again with the the modified airflow sensor.

Thanks

Steve Atkins

(http://www.the-corrado.net)

... We have also incorprated 2 Ecoteks valves in manifold to help throttle responce & low down torque.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't take that too seriously, the most wasted hundred quid you'll ever spend - it's just a manifold air leak :roll:

David.

Yeah the mention of ecotek valves didnt inspire me to say the least but from the sounds of it the inlet work sounds quite thorough.

I know several people that have had very bad experiences with 'noflow' heads, I'd avoid them if I were you.

Here's a quick run down:

Friend had his 306 dyno'd, then the engine sent to noflow for lightening and balancing of the bottom end, and porting of the head. Supposed to be back within 2 weeks, took more like 6 months, cost a fortune, made 10bhp less on the dyno when he eventually got it back, and then it blew up within a fortnight and they refused to refund him.

I know several people that have had very bad experiences with 'noflow' heads, I'd avoid them if I were you.

Here's a quick run down:

Friend had his 306 dyno'd, then the engine sent to noflow for lightening and balancing of the bottom end, and porting of the head. Supposed to be back within 2 weeks, took more like 6 months, cost a fortune, made 10bhp less on the dyno when he eventually got it back, and then it blew up within a fortnight and they refused to refund him.

ouch!

The very thought of not being able to remove the spark plugs without removing the manifold would put me off.

If you're after a bit more power go for a free flowing tubular 6 branch exhaust manifold. I've got a pretty good quality one on mine and it has made a huge difference to low -mid range torque. I can be in 5th gear at 1500 revs and the car really pulls me all the way to red line. Although I have had the chains and new clutch done just recently ...the new chains and properly setting my cam timing has made a huge difference. All the "sluggishness" has disappeared. The Phirm did all the work down here in the south (near Farnham)... highly recommend them mate.