Sign in to follow this  
canopus70

Engine boils..??Fixed..

Hi, first of all i need to excuse my english:)..

Well, here's my problem..For about one month ago i changed the head-gasket because it started using water and i could hear some ignition-knocking (don't know how to explain it better)..Also before i changed the head-gasket the water on the engine freezed..After changing the gasket the water-pump crashed, installed a new one..So my problem today is that the water in the engine boils, it seems like there is a blockage or something like that in the system..I really don't know..I have'nt changed the termostat after the water has freezed, so could this have killed it??And could the termostat cause the engine to boil this way??By this way i mean that the water does'nt boil in the expansion tank, it just look likes there's a whole lot of air in the system, but there is'nt, and in the instruments in the car watertemp is about 75-80 degrees, but the oil is much higher, can sometimes be at 130-140 degrees..Is there other places where it usually get blocked??The top hose of the radiator is also building up pressure.. I really hope someone can help me with this!!

Forgot to mention that it's a G60:)..

Hi.

Fit a new thermostat def. Really worth doing when you are putting in a new pump anyhow. Once the stat is in try disconecting the matrix pipes and run the engine see if it pushes air out of the block.

many cars have a bleed screw on the water pipe circuit. I have had my share of hot water and blown gaskets. It seems the Carrado does not have a bleeed screw. My Peugeot had one locater on the matrix pipes.

Hope it helps

canopus70, there's nothing wrong woth your english mate! Welcome to the forum. :)

Something wrong with yours though lol :D

yeah, cano, aka. raver^ @ bilforumet :D nice to see you here too! As I said there, you should deffo check the thermostat. Let's hope the block ain't fecked, but then again, it could be time for vr time ;)

oh, og husk: hold det ekte foran disse engelskmennene ;)

haha, bet y'all didn't know what that meant. :lol: I love being a tease

Hi.

Fit a new thermostat def. Really worth doing when you are putting in a new pump anyhow. Once the stat is in try disconecting the matrix pipes and run the engine see if it pushes air out of the block.

many cars have a bleed screw on the water pipe circuit. I have had my share of hot water and blown gaskets. It seems the Carrado does not have a bleeed screw. My Peugeot had one locater on the matrix pipes.

Hope it helps

Thnx for the reply, i'll try out these hints and see how it works out..

yeah, cano, aka. raver^ @ bilforumet :D nice to see you here too! As I said there, you should deffo check the thermostat. Let's hope the block ain't fecked, but then again, it could be time for vr time ;)

Hehe, hope it's not VR time;).. I'll check out the thermostat today and hope it's just that:)..

Holder det alltid ekte:D..

worth touching the fanswitch side of the rad and seeing if hot water is getting to it. if not the fan may not be coming on... Of course you can check this by leaving it running with the hood up and see if the fan comes on.

worth touching the fanswitch side of the rad and seeing if hot water is getting to it. if not the fan may not be coming on... Of course you can check this by leaving it running with the hood up and see if the fan comes on.

It looks like the fan has some trouble coming on..So maybe the fanswitch is broken??And could this prevent the problems i got??

It looks like the fan has some trouble coming on..So maybe the fanswitch is broken??And could this prevent the problems i got??

If the fan switch is broken, it wont turn the fan on when the engine gets hot...this will make it overheat.

I would suggest changing the fan switch first, it's an easy and cheap job to do and by the sounds of it , it might solve your problem.

No translator in Ms Word for norwegian.....oh well.

Walesy, that's horrible. that's like the equivalent of ali g's english.

"so iz ju britisch? wha up aiight?"

haha, just watched that show, get this awesome joke (must be the best thing that has come out of britain since ... um... something):

what's the biggest city in ireland? dublin, cuz it just keeps on doubling and doubling and... hahaha

I was so happy when I heard my fan start one time last week. cut out after 10 seconds or so though. first time I've heard it, probably due to it being winter and all. The switch is due any day for all of us anyways, so it might not be a bad idea anyways. But if I remember correctly, canopus70, you said something about the water hoses being hard to squeese, which shows a big pressure. I'd get the thermostat done as well, if you can find one at the scrapper. or here on the forum. i've bought lots of stuff on here, works a treat!

If the fanswitch is broken, how fast will this make the engine boil??On idle..

And could the hot oil be prevented by my problems with the water??

the oil will soak up a lot of heat. as for how fast it wil happen it depends on the ambient temp etc... but if you dont ever see the fan coming on get the switch changed. i did it yesterday (similar problem) and it cost around £9 GBP.

the oil will soak up a lot of heat. as for how fast it wil happen it depends on the ambient temp etc... but if you dont ever see the fan coming on get the switch changed. i did it yesterday (similar problem) and it cost around £9 GBP.

It turned out to be the switch:)..

Thnx for all help..!!