Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Reducing The Front Valance

As I'm thinking of doing the usual 40mm drop, to stop all the bottom out at the front over the speed bumps around me, is it possible to either take off or reduce the height of the front lower part of the bumper? (The black plastic bit that always cracks?)

Anyone done this?

get the smaller one and fit it... it's 50mm instead of 90...

dont look right tho, practical but not pretty.....

Been thinking of changing mine to the smaller one .....just cant bring myself to do it !

nah... mine came with the smaller one.. i had to change it back, it does catch on stuff but its rubber!!! its made to catch and be ok...!!!

If anyone wants to sell on the 90mm if its in good nick pm me as mine is FUBAR :lol:

And dont want to go smaller or pay full wack for a new one that i will just kill anyway.

Has to be the 90mm, the Corrado's nose just looks thin and less beefy without it.

I have to use the 90mm unfortunately as the air filter is hanging down in there and sits right on top of the splash cover/diffuser thing that's in each corner.

MadJackal's VR is so low he has no chin spoiler on it all and it looks dead weird.

The c looks mean with the 90mm from the front, unfort IMO the moment u reduce the size of the splitter, the car looks dated.

Its a qn of whats more important, looks??? Or impatience over speed bumps.

I don't mind driving slowly over speed bumps, I'm not killing my dampers over some impatient gimp behind me..... in my case, it's more of an issue where I cannot afford to damage the spoiler of the MAF and air filter will be wrecked by water and dirt.....and also, some of the humps around here are far too aggressively raked, meaning I can't physically go over them without bending the splitter right back, which will break it off eventually.

Same here, ive mentioned b4, mine has split on both ends so when i go over a bump, it neatly folds back.

It doesnt look to great though lol, the 50mm def make more sense, however at the expense of the "mean look" of the corrado from the front, the sort of look that makes drivers infront of you move out the way!!!!

Do you get issues with 40mm drops though?

Whats it like over bumps? I've already caught mine a few times and I have standard height!

Its fine as long as your take speed bumps carefully. DONT go near multi-story carparks and avoid little steep cornish drives :roll:

Its fine as long as your take speed bumps carefully. DONT go near multi-story carparks and avoid little steep cornish drives :roll:

I'm not running very low but I find a slight angle on the approach to speed hump helps, i.e. get one front wheel rising before the other, providing you can do it without oncoming traffic thinking you're trying to take them out :)

How about a citroen hydraulic suspension mod?

just reverse up everything , thats what i do :lol:

Do you get issues with 40mm drops though?

Whats it like over bumps? I've already caught mine a few times and I have standard height!

Not with 40mm I didn't personally. I'm about -60ish I'd say at the moment and the inner arch liners are showing scuff marks, so the front tyres do catch every now and then, but it's very light. Certainly not worth chopping the liners out for.

just reverse up everything , thats what i do :lol:

Doesn't work. My standard set up now, allows me to exit the works car park forward okay, but in reverse it does scrape a tad; yet in theory it should make no difference. With the 40 drop it was impossible to get in.

Still don't know what to do!

Going for the drop but unsure on the splitter, anyone got a pic of the 90mm and the 50mm on cars side by side?

I'm not running very low but I find a slight angle on the approach to speed hump helps, i.e. get one front wheel rising before the other, providing you can do it without oncoming traffic thinking you're trying to take them out :)

How about a citroen hydraulic suspension mod?

Like he said just approach things at an angle. it will save your front splitter and your suspension.

Bootload of ICE might sort it :lol: I've got 40mm drop and in the end opted for the 50mm splitter. Some of the humps i have to negoitiate in maidstone and aylesford are ridiculous.

Some of the humps i have to negoitiate in maidstone and aylesford are ridiculous.

I was under the impression that all speed humps had to be a certain size and profile according to some regulation or other, mind you it would mean looking like a complete chimp with a tape measure to get one changed :wink: :roll:

I bloody wish! The more stupid ones round and about are those ones that look like small flattened tank traps, can get a right old scrapage (including bottom of the car) especially with 2 or more onboard, the sort that go right across the road aren't nearly as bad. :(