Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

225bhp BAM engine

Hi lads ive just got a price for a low mileage 225bhp audi 1.8 20v turbno BAM engine.

But its just the engine can anyone tell me how much the running gear will cost i take i would need ecu wirring loom clocks and key?

thanks andy

what the clocks and key from my g60 gazza? when you say stand alone do you mean like the mega squirt set up or would i be able to take it down to darren and get a custom re-map! i know i can you use the same gearbox and clutch!

also when you say make up the loom i wouldnt have a clue how to do this could i buy one?

hey kev is it your birthday? happy bday if it is cheers lads how much would you pay for a low mileage BAM engine just the engine as I have a quote of £950 delivered? what you think?

so i need qpeng plug & play £1200

Bam engine £950

hey kev is it your birthday? happy bday if it is cheers lads how much would you pay for a low mileage BAM engine just the engine as I have a quote of £950 delivered? what you think?

so i need qpeng plug & play £1200

Bam engine £950

QPEng kit is £850+VAT if you have the wiring harness that comes with the engine. It includes the MBE ECU with a 270BHP map on, a MAP sensor and the modified wiring harness. Budget around another £500 for other bits and pieces you will need + an intercooler.

£950 is a good price for a BAM if it comes with all the ancillaries. You wont need the A/C compressor or PAS pump that comes with it. Any idea of the mileage its done?

no mk2 it doesnt come with ancillaries thats just for the engine its a low mileage audi 225 bam engine that includes a 20'000 mile warranty & delievery

so how much you think i need to budget realistically! i need to also allow a few hundred for painting the bay while she's in getting the engine fitted! i am going to give q-peng a ring tomorrow lunch time this will give me a better figure no doubt!

If the engine is bare you will also need the alternator. Dont need the PAS pump from the 20v but you will need one from a mk2 golf or similar as the G60 pump wont fit as the shaft is too long. Best to stick a new clutch on while its all apart. VR6 one is best. Also good idea to change the cambelt while the engine is out so thats another £20 for the belt. you may want to do the tensioner and water pump too depending on the mileage of the engine. If you use standalone management then the BAM FBW throttle is no good so you'll need a cable one for about £50. Oil change is another £30 for some fully synth and a filter. On vince's car all these bits and others e.g hose clips, hoses, charge pipes, filters etc came to ~ £500. On top of that you need an intercooler and the exhaust sorting. If you have a

yeah it is a pre 92" already had exhaust done just need new manifold!

plus had clutch done last year so dont need a new one yet!

im defo looking at £3k then i will update this after my chat with qpeng and the bloke im buying the engine from.

QPeng are indeed a good bunch of guys. They're driven by the passion for cars rather than the $ sign like most tuners.

hey kev is it your birthday? happy bday

Yeah it is mate......shhhhhh ;-), but cheers ;-)

Good luck with the motor!

Custom-code can remove the immobilisation in the std ECU so you wouldn't need to make up a loom etc. As long as you don't plan to mess with it once it's been in a while they could chip it at the same time. You just post the ECU to them and they send it back cracked.

Gavin

mike im not sure yet but the mods i wanna do extra to the corrado are enough to but me the bam engine & a bit more I will phone up qpeng when i get a chance and have a proper chat with them as I will also then be getting the reliability off a new car in my favourite looking car cant be too bad can it! oh and 270bhp lol!

but i think i may miss the G if someone has a 1.8turbo at the rr'day or something i may ask if they wanna swap for 5mins and see how the 1.8 feels in a c!

yeah thats prob your best bet mate!

i would have thought your g60 would be pushing maybe 230 bhp when / if you get the FMIC, so its not gonna be slow! but as you say the 1.8t unit is very tempting... and there is huge tuning potential with these units!

Bargain..... and then if you get bored you can slap an IHI turbo on and get 350+ with suitable mapping and fuelling upgrades. Anymore and the internals need looking at.

Been out in a 360hp IHI'd 1.8T and by god does it fly....those that say the 1.8T is boring and soul less haven't heard one with a Porsche GT2 external waste gate :-)

John Malik at stealth (owner of said 360hp Rado) is currently building a 2.0 1.8T and going for the big 500.... should be slightly interesting!