Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

tt brakes

been offered a set of 2001 tt front brakes, callipers/carriers/discs/pads. what is a reasonable price for these. as i dont want to be done, or rob the other guy.. the discs/pads have done 4-5000 miles from last time they were replaced. :wink:

Umm... I paid £180 for the calipers, carriers, disks, pads, hubs, wheel bearings, hub carriers etc.

They're common with a lot of othe VAG-group cars, so don't pay a premium just because they're off a TT (if they are - ask the seller to prove it wasn't a Golf/Bora/Leon/Octavia)

i was thinking around £150/£200 mark, but just had a reply off the seller on edition38 and he wants £300, er told him to re-think that,

£200 is the average price for that lot. As Mike says, they're common on loads of VAG cars.

why not get Seat Leon Cupra Brembos?

They won't fit behind KAD's BBS wheels without spacers and they're not all that. AP Racing is where the real braking is at.

Damn thats a lot, in that case anyone got the two pots off an R32 fitted? they should squeeze under 17s just about...

got a deal done, i'm paying £180 for the lot. and i'm collecting on saturday. so expect some questions by saturday lunchtime :D

Damn thats a lot, in that case anyone got the two pots off an R32 fitted? they should squeeze under 17s just about...

PhatVR6 was running them under 17's for a bit (might still be - I lose track :lol: )

got a deal done, i'm paying £180 for the lot. and i'm collecting on saturday. so expect some questions by saturday lunchtime :D

The 312mm brakes Wiki article should be of use to both of you (I presume it's exactly the same set up for the 328mm R32 brakes, but they're obviously bigger)

Yeah the APs are pricey, but compared to £1700 for TAR-OX and £2300 for Brembo Gran Turismo kits (neither of which will fit behind my wheels) they are not so bad....and I don't need spacers with the APs ;-)

I looked into the Porsche calipers from Ebay option but couldn't be bothered with sourcing carriers and discs and AP calipers are a lot better than Brembos anyway, ask any Evo owner!

well getting these in the morning, :D gonna paint them but cant decide what colour?? any suggestions, the car is moonlight blue, 8)

Heh heh, sorry to disappoint, but mine are black.

When they're clean they're nice and shiney and when they're dirty, they're just matt black.

Yeah, precisely Dinks... black when clean, black when dirty....a win-win situation :-)

I don't like bright red calipers and Porsche and lambo do custard yellow ones now....but clearly visible, beefy brakes says more about a car than badges and bodykits ;-)

I actually like the fact that most people don't notice the huge brakes. It's only people who know cars that look at them and do a double take :lol:

cheers guys, apart from the bright spark that said paint them pink :p i do see what you mean about painting them black kev, it just would have not been my first/second choice, oh well will be getting my hands dirty tomorrow and seeing how much better these are to my 288's :wink:

IMHO, painting iron calipers red kind of implies you're copying Brembos....it's just wrong :-) Looking through a wheel and seeing a monster disc with discrete caliper colouring i.e. black, is more classy and understated imo 8)

312s are the daddies.....more so when using plain Brembo discs with Pagid Fast roads. I wasn't impressed with Audi discs at all. The Brembos are softer and with soft pagids, the bite is excellent.