Sign in to follow this  
PeterMunns

Horrible vibrating ..!

Went to C&R because i have a nasty vibrating feel/noise, they said it was my near side top mount, so i replaced it seemed to fix it till i took it on the motorway and it was back....now i am miffed.

Dumped the clutch to insure it wasnt the engine was still there so its the drivetrain some where, have recently had new wish bones and poly bushes fitted to the car at C&R could this have caused it...?

Real unsure what it is. Driving on the motorway it comes and goes, Gets worse when i am playing settles when i am driving normaly....takes a while to settle thou...?

Any one .....

I had a really bad juddering and it turned out to be the top mount mate, have you had them replaced recently?

Walesy,

Just replaced the one they said was gone. should i replace the other one too..?

VR6, dude whats that and does a 16v have one.... is it the rubber ring thingy on the drive shaft..?

Baz2004,

Is decked no signs of rubbing. Tires need replacing because the camber is out wouldnt of thought this could cause vibrating..?

The cambers were out on the front of mine at the weekend after 4 wheel alignment !! Got a rubbing noise from the front left, took a look at the tire and it had some wear on the inside made a slight adjustment to the camber and seemed to solve it.

If its the rear marking the noise it might be the bushes?

Guys got new tyres fitted to day guess what ...my passangers wheel had no weights on it and was not balanced guy said this may have caused my vibrating...!!! Will find out this week end :)

"May have" ?!?

"definitely" caused the vibration, I would say!

I had that once. The idiots fitted two tyres. One was fine, the other was left at 45psi, wasn't balanced, and the wheel bolts weren't fully tightened up. Funnily enough it drove a little funny for the 500 yards home until I fixed it up!

Bingo!

It's weird how we always fear the worst with these Rados!

After fitting my AP brakes, I got a horrendous vibration at 80mph too. I immediately suspected the brakes, the wheels them selves, dampers etc.... not once did I think to check for balance weights!

Sure enough, when swapping the rear wheels to the front to see if it would help, the nearside front wheel had shed it's weight. With the rear wheels on the front it's perfect :-)