Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

(24v) VR Charger

How much should I expect to pay for a VR Charger. All I want is the Charger and in the intake pipe.

Also which is the one to get as I understand the early ones had problems??

Cheers

Jay

mate ive know few people down here in london picking them up for about £1000 or less for even vortech ones and one guy even picked it up with complete custom charge cooler and pipes

The chargers on there own are around £1K brand new IIRC. The intake pipe won't be much, I think Vince still has one kicking around actually.

I'd personally go for the V9 F SQ that a few of us are currently using ;-)

I am interested in this too

whats is the story with the bracketry, is it available seperatly or is it something that could be made up?

here are some chargers on ebay, none the correct version exactly

clicky

the next phase of the car eh? :D

I have had a couple of chargers (although non attached to a car), got one off ebay for 650 quid

24V Renshaw, I'd be interested in your findings, as I need to find details of what I can attach to a V6 30v too... ;)

Cool. £600 was the figure I had in my head.

I am not doing anything just yet. Going to do a lot of research and investigation before I do anything. I also need to save up for it :)

Jay

If you buy a v1 or v2 you can pick up all the bits separately. You can't do this with a V9 as the associated parts are exclusive to VF Engineering. The v1/2 mounting bracket could probably be modified to fit the 24v engine. I've seen some vortech headunits on vwvortex for $1000.

Well having had a good look at Kevs Charger setup at the weekend next to my car it would appear all the 12v bracketry will fit straight on the 24v, so will the metal intake pipe. The only bit that will be different is the pipe round to the TB, not difficult to fabricate a suitable one.

Jay

Jay, SQ means 'Super Quiet', obviously not in literal terms as you've heard now noisy mine is, but it is quieter than the old Vortechs with straight cut gears.

You could probably make a bracket based on the 12V one as your 24V's tensioner looks to be identical.

Anyone have any pictures of the setup of the bracketry on either 12 or 24v engines?

24V Renshaw, I'd be interested in your findings, as I need to find details of what I can attach to a V6 30v too... ;)

andi what engine are u using??

this is going to be fun chargers all around :twisted: :twisted:

I'm picking up a V6 30v B5 Passat later this week, however, I doubt I can charge it as its mounted inline and not transversley ('cos its a Synchro) so there's no room for the Supercharger :(

Bit too tight in 'ere!

I'm picking up a V6 30v B5 Passat later this week, however, I doubt I can charge it as its mounted inline and not transversley ('cos its a Synchro) so there's no room for the Supercharger :(

Bit too tight in 'ere!

v.interesting, so what kind of torque and bhp do these pump out??

It's rated at 193 hp, 207 lb/ft of torque.

Chippable to 210bhp and some more torque though apparently... ;)

Andi?

Yes, it's inline, not transverse.... but that's SOOOO EASY to supercharge... 8)

All you need is some brackets, a BIG merc Eaton Supercharger, a longer belt and access to an Angle Grinder!!! :twisted: :lol:

seriously though, Merc do a 3.2l supercharged engine kicking 349bhp in the baby convertable... bet you could squeeze similar into a 'rat...8)