Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Dedicated lambda for Defi AFR gauge

I'm wanting to get a Defi AFR installed on my G60 and it needs a 0-1V lambda probe. Has anyone installed a second lambda for their AFR's and if so what's a good one to go for??? I presume from the 'S' type graph that it needs to be a 0-1V narrow band sensor, and I understand it is better to go for a heated sensor, but other than that any help would be most appreciated....

I think another std sensor would work for you. Will it not work off the the std sensor? I had an AFR meter in my Golf connected to the std sensor, the AFR has a high inout impedance and doen't affect the output to the ECU unless you are Riley.

Gavin

just go down the breakers and pocket a lamda from well.. any car. or by a new one from universal lamda world.. or somthink..

if you do decide to run it from the std sensor. it's the pink wire.

i run two on mine ,the ecu one and a second one for the afr gauge.

Cheers guys. I ended up buying a replcement G60 sensor as I thought it would be best to run two (side by side) so as to not interfere with the ECU. When it came to installing the AFR, it turned out that the wires to the lambda had corroded through and had been like that for a long time.... Typically, the car is running really lean according to a wideband sensor anyway, so I'm needing a remap before the AFR will make any sense. At least the Oil pressure gauge I had installed at the same times worked fine (yay).