Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Leather colours

Yeh Hamster. I was thinking of going almost that dark. Also toying with the idea of green piping... ;)

/flamesuit

All this talk of piping reminds me of Alan Partridge explaining the opening sequence of The Spy Who Loved Me:

"He's being chased by these Russian shits in black jumpsuits, with lemon piping"

anyway thought id put some pictorial to this thread:

Grey Leather anyone?

100_0267.jpg

Mate, should anything ever happen (god forbid) to your C that leaves your interior without a home I want fist dibs... has anyone ever said that your car would look soooo much better with grey cloth and the 'rare' flat rear bench ;)

Talc, that's sweet, I do like grey a lot. I take it that's a retrim, where was it done/how much etc.?

trig, as far as I know this is the standard leather on the car, although now certain car has had a respray sometime, so got me worried now. lol...

IHI,

See you're interested in a flocked dash - "Also liking the idea of a flocked dash" - what is?

How about a nice green stained wood veneer? See other thread.

Don't be put off by the Luddites who prefer plastic or burnt wood (i.e. carbon)!

Well flocked dash is the rally car style.

It stops the sun from been really bright in your face as well as looking cool.

Its a spray on fibre that is then given a electric/static charge that makes it stand cool.

trig, as far as I know this is the standard leather on the car, although now certain car has had a respray sometime, so got me worried now. lol...

Having drooled over it at gti fest I think it's standard too... mine's had a re-spray at some point in it's life too - must be a perl grey thang :lol:

It's a spray on fibre that is then given a electric/static charge that makes it stand cool.

Hmm, sounds nifty if tricky to do. Haven't heard of that before - how about trimming it in alcantara (colour to suit)?

On the wood dash front, I saw one on a M-reg Rado at the Stanford Hall show at the w/e, on the club stand, and am now definitely having second thoughts!

Yes tricky to do so best left to the pro's with the equipment, also like you say not seen one yet so might have it done and will fit my motorsport theme nicely.

Gentlemen, im thinking bout this leather trim business myself, mines in the same green paintwork and similar alloys IHIG60 your car is PHAT have you got any more pictures I can get ideas from myself?

Am in process of a rebuild :doc:

Oh and how much does leather trimming cost?

Cheers