Sign in to follow this  
PBSTORM

VR6 Brakes

Refreshing to hear some common sense*!

Now, if we could just persuade a few of those addicted to lowering that the car handles better when it has a reasonable amount of suspension travel...:)

*Kev usually speaks sense before anyone mis-inteprets that statement - and his car is about as low as you want it to be for reference.

Mike, mine has been jacked up since that pic was taken, I just like that shot for some reason :-)

Agreed on suspension, people need to focus more on roll centre, roll axis and castor than ride height ;-)

Refreshing to hear some common sense*!

Now, if we could just persuade a few of those addicted to lowering that the car handles better when it has a reasonable amount of suspension travel...:)

*Kev usually speaks sense before anyone mis-inteprets that statement - and his car is about as low as you want it to be for reference.

i reckon looks also play a part mate. i have a feeling that not everyone drives their rados to the max. :)

But you're driving what is reckoned to be one of the best-handling VWs made. If you're ruining the handing for the sake of looks, you may as well slam a Lupo - it's not like you've lost anything... :)

Difficult to get the looks and handling balance right. I'd never go quite as high as standard VR6 again but VW got it right, despite the huge arch gaps making you think otherwise. If they'd used slightly firmer dampers and a 25mm rear ARB from the off, then few enthusiastic drivers would bother changing the suspension.

I can slide a coke can between the arch and tyre gap on my mate's EVO 8 but it's fastest point to point car on the planet ;-)