Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

-----------

also i only get about 200-230 odd to full tank!

That is because you drive through service stations like a nutter! :lol:

For £40 i'd replace it if thats what they said - the CO pot is a very important part of the engine management system on a G60 and will affect fueling...

My money's still on the Lambdasensor. try disconnecting that one and then drive around a bit. Do things improve?

Tempest

Why they didn't think to measure fuel consumption and divide it by distance traveled is beyond me.

How would you suggest they measure the exact fuel consumption then?

Strange thread this.

I had the exact same problems that you describe , When my CO pot was tested it was reading just under 2000ohms, when it was adjusted back to 500 all the problems were sorted.

It seems strange that Dubsport told you that adjusting the screw made no difference , I can't imagine they'd make that up and it's not a difficult or time consuming process.

It might be worth checking it again, though I certainly agree with your principle of not spending money on parts unless you have to!.

Make sure that the ECU's hose is in good nick,no cuts or splits.

Check also that the above hose is fitted on the right throttle nipple,check cond. of FPR vacume pipe,change blue water temp.sender or swap temp. plugs with black sensor.

Check lambda probe wiring carefully also check wiring to IAT sensor,check actual fuel press with engine running,check also FPR output.

Running rich?

Check these carefuly:

- Lambda Probe and wiring to ECU

- CO-Pot and wiring to ECU

- Correct Blue Temperature Sender Part-Nr.

Don´t think much more than this!

the comment about the co pot not affecting the mixture...i did that once and mine didnt budge on the gastester

cant remember why exactly but it needs to be in set up mode...bts disconted or somthing??

to set up co unplug temp sensor, rev engine 3 times over 2000 rpm set idle speed, adjust co pot to get co reading you require ( mines 1.5 % ) then switch off engine, reconnect temp sender and restart engine.

try that

Seriously? beast had similar prob with mine - rear breather pipe in the end but then had to let the old girl go due to family comitments, at least its sorted for you now mate