Sign in to follow this  
Leonard

New wheels cant decide, what do you think????

I need new tyres so perfect time to get some new rims I think :lol:

Trouble is cant decide wether to go for std look or go a bit more bling, opinions please :) What worries me is that I will get bored of the bling look after a while.

Oh also decided that 16's are the way to go (95% sure anyway) and no stupid widths so 9" are out :-P

Matt

:confused4:

Standard look first these are 17" MO's on ebay at the mo if anyone is interested.

Get the MO's, get them now! Light, strong, and very similar to Speedies... :) Just use a 10mm spacer to get them sitting right... ;)

If anyones got any other suggestions or has wheels for sale I am all ears.

I would really like some Oz Turbos's but not only are they rare as hens teeth, not sure if they came in the size I want???

Matt

Get the MO's, get them now! Light, strong, and very similar to Speedies... :) Just use a 10mm spacer to get them sitting right... ;)

I know what your saying only thing that puts me off is the weight and Im just not sure about the curved spoke. Know of any pics with Corrado's wearing some already????

Matt

loving the 2nd one 8)

Yep its the way I'm heading I think if I cant make my mind up. Theres just an annoying voice in my head saying buy the 17's, buy the 17's :evil:

Matt

I would really like some Oz Turbos's but not only are they rare as hens teeth, not sure if they came in the size I want???

They only came in 15" and I think they only made 4 stud Turbo's aswell.

OZ Turbos were only available as 7x15" 4x100 - though I do believe that Justmatz made a custom one-off set of 16s...

One thing I would say is that whatever you go for, make sure they're light! Everyone moans about the ride quality on 17s, but I has rather light RS301s on mine prior to (temporarily) putting the Speedlines back on, and the difference in ride quality was negligible due to the light weight of the BBS. The reason I picked the OZs was because I knew they'd be light (which they are!), and hence why my recommendation is the Compomotives. Having said that, I believe you can get OZ Futuras in 5x100 if you search hard enough, and they'd be lush...

loving the MO's, 16"x8" ???? not silly width but still would give the "phat" stance?

a set sold on UK ebay this morning for £80. gutted i missed them by 10mins.

I was going to get those but thought they would cost a LOT to sort. Plus the seller wouldnt reply to mu emails regards the crashed wheel and wether the centre was buckled. So after my recent experiences with my VW VSR I thought I woud give them a miss, then again £80! :(

Liking the wheels on the felgen site! Might see if I can get a wanted on there for 4 x qty 8" 16's in 5/100 8)

Nobody like the Carline CM6 rims then????? I thought they were to coin a phrase lush!

Matt

The weight of 7.5x17" MOs is 10.1Kg/22.9lbs apparently, which is light!

Hmmmm its not that light I really want sub 18lb if I can get them.

My sisters Evo has 18's that are bomb proof and only weigh 19lb. Why can't the Germans make light rims like the Japs!

Matt

:)

The weight of 7.5x17" MOs is 10.1Kg/22.9lbs apparently, which is light!

Hmmmm its not that light I really want sub 18lb if I can get them.

My sisters Evo has 18's that are bomb proof and only weigh 19lb. Why can't the Germans make light rims like the Japs!

Matt

:)

Absolutlely love the MO's..but would have to be a 8x16 like you said - thing is Compomotive don't make 5 spoke MO's in a 16 anymore otherwise i'd have a set !

BTW a 8x16 MO weighs around 20.9Ibs obviously depending on what offset you go for..