Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

www.fastgerman.com - New Schnitzer'd E46 M3

Hi All

I am slowly setting up a car review website with a few guides on buying, selling, auctions etc. Have a look at: -

http://www.fastgerman.com

Can you let me know if the links work on your computer as a few friends have to download Java each time, I might use some different links

If you go to reviews/Your Cars

I would greatly appreciate any German car reviews from all of you!

I would love some reviews on Golf's, Corrado's, Audi's and Porsche's. I have alot of people doing BMW reviews so that should be okay but if you would like to send me one also that would be excellent!

Cole Whitelaw (saysomestuff) is very kindly setting up a forum for me, we are just having some problems with my hosting provider (Catalyst2) and then that should be up and running.

Thanks for you help! :-)

Neil

(mailto:[email protected] for reviews please!)

Edit

Alfa Romeo for sale

BMW 328i Sport for sale

Ben's 4x4 C for sale

Seems there are quite a few problems :oops:

Please let me know of any others, Biggerbigben has said the links aren't working on his and the tabs don't fit on the page....

bit of feedback for you matey,

firstly I got the java problem in both IE and in Firefox, although I have the newest version of java installed. I guess you have some script on there to detect java which is playing up.

like ben, the navigation buttons didnt all fit on my screen without sideways scrolling, which ain't great from a usability point of view, also the way you're splitting the navigation into two isnt ideal, it'd work better if all the buttons were grouped together.

keep it up, the only way you get better at this stuff is through experiance :)

Thanks Chris, I've had some more replies from Ben, I shall be uploading some new pages tonight as currently the site is off. I have set the tables to percentages instead of pixels on the width so the pages will resize to any resolution - I hope. Do you know of any good links I can use that have some sort of animation in or a drop down navigation menu that will work on all computers?

I could do with as many car reviews as possible though if you know anyone who can help, this is the format: -

Test Drives

Car: What it is, how it drove

Condition: General

Extras/Options: Sat Nav etc

Stats

Engine:

Performance:

Date:

Cost:

Mileage tested:

Your Cars

Car:

Condition:

Check:

Servicing:

Stats

Engine:

Performance:

Time owned:

Bought and sold for:

Mileage owned:

Parts/Servicing costs:

Insurance:

looking good Mr Coxy! yellow text over the red/black striped background made my eyes go a bit wobbly though :?

You've got one of the key areas down to an art... the writing style, the text is engaging which is the most important thing on a 'blog'. Looking forward to adding you to my 'blogroll' :D

Thanks very much Stuart, I'll put them up on the forum area and you can login and edit them if you like or just send me new copies if you don't like them. I think the reviews are pretty good!

Just let me know if and when you are happy with them and I'll stick them up on the main site

Thanks

Neil

cleaned up the forum part as requested by Ben as I had put to much crap everywhere lol

Stuart - you have your own review section up now

I still have lots to do on the main page and not getting that much time to do anything at the mo so apologies for that

could do with some people with Audi's and Porsche's putting up some stuff in the members gallery, might have to hit some forums....

pm sent.

could turn out to be a good site :D

you should move the top menu into the center of the screen though :D

Spent a bit of time last night updating the homepage layout, should be a bit easier to navigate and hopefully looks more interesting from the first page.

Ben helped me out with the title in Photoshop - can you tell what the car is?!