Sign in to follow this  
PeterMunns

The Lakes

Decided to go to the lakes this weekend sat till monday was a 450mile round trip and the driving was amzing.

Went on some roads that even when in first the wheels where spining trying to get up..!! When they say 30% incline they mean an average of that :roll: !!

Heres some pics :D

ha, some of us are lucky to live nearby and head into the hills twice a week 8)

Bally, Dr Forinor, Andy665,

Is on the way to wasdale head from Windermere....south western area

Passes where call Wrynose Pass & Hardknott Pass....took 1 1/2 hours to travel what looks like 15 miles on the map lol

Best drive i ve ever had in the corrado :D

16v, Thanks again lol

was8v,

lol i can assure you there was only one corrado making noise in the lakes this weekend lol

Didnt see a single one..........

yeah wrynose and hardnott are the most steep an treachreous passes in the lakes i dont know if my c would make it due to pot holes and the general condition of the roads or id have to go at snail speed if i wanted my splitter to survive! was this an issue for you petermunns? oh and nice pics

jeffcabbage, lol too true decide to go back a different way didnt fancy it in the wet !!

Spliter took a hammering when going over 20mph road was it quite good condition, just passing people was a bit of a bum....but 20 is a snails pace

dude that looks fat!!! I spent the weekend in bed :D

was8v,

lol i can assure you there was only one corrado making noise in the lakes this weekend lol

Didnt see a single one..........

Ha - I stay WELL away on bank holidays, the SW lakes gets full of southerners for the weekend driving round at 20mph, lol

brings back memories...been a while since I tackled hardknott pass.

Kirkstone pass is also a good one if you like that sort of thing

I spent this weekend in the lakes with a few of my mates and it was excellent. Didnt take the corrado though i took something a little more suitable for the terrain :D :D

DSC00055.jpg

Pete, I was in the lakes this weekend too, Friday to Monday and you passed me at about 10.30 today (Monday) on the A593 (I think) just outside Coniston. I was driving a Black Passat.

Do you remember?

Dave

Some of us are lucky enougth to live only a few miles from the lakes :lol: ,some very good roads around here..........trouble is there clogged by tourists!................only joking!!!!.Hope you had a good weekend.

Where abouts did you stay?,where did you go to?.

I met dave16v on Friday because i bought some alloys off him,he was of to Keswick for a weekend...Hope you had a good weekend Dave,thanks again for bringing the alloys with you,im'e realy pleased with them.

red corrado16v, Glad you're happy. I had a very good weekend. Pic attached - me on the bridge.

daves16v,

lol cant belive you where in the lakes too.Why where you in a passate..? U not fancy putting the miles on the 16v....?

Rember driving through that place but didnt see you

PeterMunns, Sold the valver over 6 months back. Now have 1.8T Passat - needed more space and practicality.

You came round a bend looking very flat and then I recognised the plate as someone on the Forum but couldn't remember who.

Hardknott and Wrynose are best tackled in something 4 wheel drive and very torquey.. my discovery is perfect.. also guys would recommend you dont head over there in your C;s for a good drive... You cant see feck all on the brows, the road is only wide enough for one car and its g enerally not a nice road.. in fact 20mph is doing very well..... plus this time of year there is often so ar$e took a wrong turn and peering over the top of hte pass trying to work out if he can get his volvo and caravan down it or will he have to reverse out.... Not a driving road at all, but the scenery is awesome.

Having said htat, there are some awesome roads in the lakes, you just have to find them, north lakes tends to be quieter.. less old biddies....

I threw a mini at hardknott pass and it killed it, a 4x4 came down the hill, I had to pull off onto the side and managed to strip the splines off the steering column where it mounts to the rack!!

I'm going back up this summer, might try it in the C, curious about whats over the other side.