Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

I've got a Brera sat outside the house - mine for the day

Absolutely stunning car, very good build quality, very refined but feels so big and heavy compared to the Rado, even makes the Bora feel like a lightweight.

Reminds me of any Audi, great to have sat on your drive but not so great to drive

That was the concept version but the actual thing is pretty damned close, just a pity it doesn't drive as well as it looks

Aye.. there isn't any denying how much road presence some of the more powerful Alfa's have about them.. you often hear of guys banging on about how a badboy bonnet on their Saxo makes it look 'agressive' coming up behind you but an Alfa really can look hard as nails..

Does it use the normal Alfa Romeo V6 engine Andy?

I had a 2.2 JTS, direct injection 4 pot. The V6 is not the old V6, its based on a Holden V6 but extensively reworked, supposed to be a very good engine, the problem is that the old V6 was a GREAT engine

I'm a fan of Alfas.I've never driven one,but I appreciate the aesthetics of the marque(as most Corrado owners will,I suspect).

The Brera looks classy.I think one of the drawbacks of this model is supposed to be the driving position-I could live with that I'm sure.I think this is possibly one of the only cars I would consider owning other than a Corrado(note-not replacing).

That concept looks an awful lot better than the production version imo. But still poo.

I don't really understand why everyone is banging on about how gorgeous the Brera is tbh. Its ok imo, but nothing more. Even Clarkson loves it.

I have to say I disagree with anyone who says that looks agressive. Eh? Looks all girly to me! Yuk.

The one problem about Alfa's is the reliability.

Friend of mine had a 156 and the gearbox was life-expired at 17k miles, and then the crank on the engine went at 45k. That was with regular maintainance as well, and he looks after his cars. It went the week before last, as the cracnk was the last straw, and has been replaced with a lovely A4 1.8T (190bhp) in Black with the S-Line kit on it......

Clarkson has always said that Alfas were a bucket of nails, has he changed his tune then...?

I think the Brera looks great from all angles except this one:-

brera-2.jpg

And those multispoke alloys on the 2.2 ming!

I can't help comparing any new car with my all time favs though - integrale, ur quattro, rado, e30 m3.

And I honestly think that in comparison all modern cars look a bit girly and over-designed. Not nearly chunky enough.

Brera Schmrera :)

the car has a big fat arse

looks ugly

beautiful face though

from some angles it really is a monstrosity

the Z3 or whatever it was was the last great Alfa

The Zagato absolutely mings. You think the Brera is ugly....next to that?!

The only Alfa that looks good from all angles is the 147 GTA....imo...

The old GTV was OK from the side, but the front and rear were questionable.

The only Alfa that looks good from all angles is the 147 GTA....imo...

well imo the original 156 looks good from all angles (especially the gta)