Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

which master cylinder for 312mm brakes?

i have just bought a full set of 2003 audi S3 VAG brakes (312mm) to fit as part of a complete overhaul of my brakes, My car is a 1990 16v body with a vr6 engine and running gear transplanted in, i don't have ABS, therefore which master cylinder should i use???

Also which goodridge braided hose kit to link the 1990 16v body to the S3 calipers???

..........it would of been far too easy to just run a simple VR6 :roll:

The standard MC should suffice. Not sure if you can use the VR6 one (bigger) as the pedal linkages are different to the 16V I think....and the VR MC is about £130 aswell!

For the hoses, you just need a normal late MK3 VR6 set (288s), or you can buy just the front two if you're still using the MK2/MK3 rear calipers.

yeah i'm running the 16v Master cylinder at the mo with my vr6 calipers, just thought i'd better check it would be big enough for the S3 calipers as it's due for replacement anyway.

i'm running the standard 16v corrado calipers on the back, so do i need to buy front and rear hoses seperately?

thanks for your help, my cars a nightmare for strange parts!

Yeah your car will be a real mix and match, but so are most modified ones!

I reckon the 16V MC will be enough. Despite the VR having a bigger MC, the pedal feel is still pretty naff!

Yeah you can just buy the pair of MK2>MK4 goodridge hoses from somewhere like stealth. If you want to do the rear hoses in goodridge too, you'll need the normal MK2>MK2 ones.