CIPO

VR6 engine big trouble-ADVICE

Just had a shed load of work done to my VR6:

Upper and lwr timing chains and guides

Lwr chain tensioner

No. 6 Exhaust valve camshaft sprocket and bolt

Head gasket skimmed and bolts replaced

Rib belt tensioner

Got the car back and two days later oil pressure died.

NOW the shaft that drives the oil pump has shapped, problem i'm told is thst the shaft can be replaced BUT the bearing is part of the engine and CANNOT.

So only option is a new engine, apparently!

Pretty hacked off as you can imagine. Am i unlucky or is the latest failure related to other work.

Any alternatives to a new engine????? Thanks........

problem i'm told is thst the shaft can be replaced BUT the bearing is part of the engine and CANNOT.

I'm no VR6 expert but that doesn't sound right to me at all.

If a bearing can be put into an engine, it can be taken out again, sounds like a load of horse to me.

Try ringing Stealth for confirmation as they will know for sure.

01926 812259... not that I know it off the top of my head or anything :|

It's not the end of the world and not hard to fix, just time consuming, there is a little plate on the engine that comes off with 2 10mm bolts IIRC and the bearing is in there, if what i'm thinking of is right, there's nothing that you need to change the engine for apart from cracking the block of something similarly destructive.

The drive shaft loks like a lead pencil and it all just slides together, take it to bits and have a look or i will next time i'm in H8RRA's garage as there's a few engines lying around so i'll post up what i find more accuratelly as i've never had an issue in this area so i'll inverstigate if i can.

Post up what Vince tells you though.

Chris

Cheers for the advice guys, but got my repair guy to talk to Vince and my engine is RIP. Vince had not come across what has happened to mine before. So if you know of any engines out there PM me.

I've just been very unlucky.

Vince is a very helpful bloke!

Cheers for the advice guys, but got my repair guy to talk to Vince and my engine is RIP. Vince had not come across what has happened to mine before. So if you know of any engines out there PM me.

I've just been very unlucky.

Vince is a very helpful bloke!

thats cr*p luck CIPO, hope you find a replacement before too long and at a reasonable cost fella :thumbleft:

Around £3k mate. Theres a couple of engines on ebay too. You could always get a rebuild on your bottom end???