Sign in to follow this  
h100vw

cam timing KR. How close do they go?

It's a while since I took one of the cams out and don't recall how close the marks lined up? Anyone agree it's ok or disagree and think its a tooth out????

Looks correct to me, if you went a tooth either way it would be miles out.

Is the belt pulley on the exhaust cam ligned up correctly? I'd go by that on the exhaust cam and line up the inlet to match.

It's a while since I took one of the cams out and don't recall how close the marks lined up? Anyone agree it's ok or disagree and think its a tooth out????

looks fine to me, dots should be level with the edge of the head casting as in your pic. use the flywheel mark to align the crank and paint the arrow on the lower timing cover, makes it much easier to see.

David.

I was just about to spin a coin......

I'll drop the cover on and make sure the belt pulley lines up and call it a day.

Thanks fellas.

Gavin

put the belt on turn it over once with teh rocker cover off then recheck all teh marks then you will be 100% certain,,

seen loads of valvers with the cam timing out, do the old double check method and you will be 100% certain,

It was a tooth out when I lined up the cam pulley with the mark on the cam cover. Glad I didn't just flip a coin anyway.

Thanks for the assistance

Gavin