Sign in to follow this  
edd

elephant insurance - SP30 speeding

Bit of a rant: Im proper narked with Elephant today. Its insurance renewal time and elephant have increased my renewal price by £200 for an sp 30 (was doin 40 in a 30). can't believe it. Plus cant have 3yrs no claims with anyone else because they put me on a bonus accelerator scheme so other insurers dont deem me to have a full 3yrs.

They are now wanting £690 whereas Brentacre have said they will do it for £750 with any mods allowed up to 210bhp, with just the 2yrs no claims. Think im going to have to fork out the extra £60 and use Brentacre on priniciple.

Bit guuted seen as the renewal price that elec**t dropped through my door was originally £440

Ffffooooookkkin gettts

Edd

always thought that bonus accelerator scheme was a bit dodgy.

You do get your bonus quicker although, it works out more per month in the first place.

Suppose you have to look at how much you will be saving in the following year to see if it was worth it.

Blimey - I wouldn't expect an SP30 to increase it at all, it's almost expected to be standard these days - have you spoke to them on the phone?

If SP30 is your only offence then it shouldn't affect it at all. I have an SP50 and 6 Points for traveling at 110mph on the motorway and it didn;t put my premium up at all

Blue_Joe, you must be lucky or have a really good insurance company lol :)

edd, i'm 21, best option for me was to use a bonus accelerator scheme.

TBH, £690 still isn't too bad, but it is rather cheeky that they've put it up so much. I take it you've actually spoken to them about it and asked if that's the best they can do?

When I got my renewal notice from them, I called them and asked if that was the best they could do and they dropped it another £50 just for asking! :lol:

Also - I got advised by a couple of brokers to not use their 10 month bonus accelerator thingy cos most other insurance companies don't accept it as valid no-claims and it gets messy.

An SP30 should only increase your insurance by about £50, it shouldn't be much more than that because pretty much everyone has got 1 nowadays. If I remember correctly for an SP50 I think they charge 10

yep they did something simiilar to me, it was my dad and myself on the policy. They had noted my sp30 but the hadent noted my dads and when a claim was made (wasn't even my fault so the pay out was the 3rd party) elephant checked the details and my dad said yep we both have sp30's etc......Then they said that they wanted £220 as my dad had not told them about his sp30!!!

i mean why would he tell them about mine and not his!

anyway water under the bridge now but annoying!

When I got my renewal notice from them, I called them and asked if that was the best they could do and they dropped it another £50 just for asking! :lol:

Yeah if the price you've been given is just the automatic renewal quote that they send you, don't accept it they're just trying it on, get a new quote online. Last year they sent me a renewal price of £1250, I did a new quote online and it was £850!! So I just asked them to use that one instead :)

I've just got a quote off brentacre.

4yrs no claims, protected, standard VR6 but can do anything to it up to 210bhp, 6000miles a year. Driving 6 years.

£634

Personnally im very happy with elephant right now, last years insurance was £680, just got this years renewal through and all thats changed is up to 4yrs no claims and im 25 now, £380 fully comp protected no claims 12 months. :D

Yeah spoke to them, even told them i was not going to renew my policy if this was the final outcome. The guy basically just said ok fine. I have had an sp30 on this policy previously but that was an offence from november 2000 so its over 5 years ago now, which is what they ask for when you give them the necessary details. (he said this was partly the reason, but i reckon thats b0ll0cks)

To be honest i've calmed down a bit now as im thinking Brentacre will be by far the best policy fo me. Elephant charge £10 for any policy modification - number plate, address anything then around an extra £50 for the change i.e. alloys exhaust brakes anything. In all honesty because of this at the moment its a case of the "obvious" mods are declared, but not all. With the brentacre policy i can do anything. :D apart from supercharge.

Have to say i was impressed with Brentacre customer service yesterday, looks like im just gonna have to wait "another" year to get a great deal.

Joe M,

Does that include telling them about all the stuff in your signature!??

It does but I meant 480 for renewal. Admiral quoted me 380 and elephant cant match which I find strange as its basically the same company and theve matched it every other year.

Can't really gripe at Brentacre's customer service - I have had a few policies with them now and have talked to John every time - he's been a top guy and will always try his best to do the best deal for you.

Sadly on totally standard cars they can't really compete with some of the bigger companies - but if you have any mods at all, they really come into their own!