Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Lucky escape!

Went out to to spray my needles on the dials and I noticed the door was sorta open. I thought ":?" and I went to the door and it opened completely!

So it was "oh shit forgot to lock the car and some cunt has probably nicked my stereo now" so sat in the car, as I scurried around looking for my stereo and I shouted out "theiving fucks!" as I looked over towards my glove box, went to open it and it was locked. Unlocked it and there was the stereo, thank fuck! Everything worth nicking was in there.

Thank god for that, funnily enough I only realised I had a lock on there yesterday and I decided to use it! So it's quite handy!

dinkus, not sure, as my handle seems fine really, not wonky or anything. Just think I forgot to lock it (First time evAr!) But if my stereo got nicked I'd have gone bonkers as I'm gonna be back on the road by the end of the week and I need me choonz!

You wont do it again. I went to the Cinema to watch Lord of the Rings-Return of the King and came out 3and a half hours later or whatever to find I'd forgot to lock the car. It was fine too!

I've left my previous cars open a few times but fortunately there isn't really any crime down here so nothings ever been stolen from it. Don't need to worry about it now though, the alarm on the rado locks the doors and sets itself automatically ... which is nice

I'm always doing that.

I once pulled the ECU for a reset and went inside for a cuppa with the bonnet open, keys in the ignition. Sat down and totally forgot about it. Went outside 2 hours later....keys still in the ignition, face plate still on stereo!! Lucky or what!

I am Mr absent minded I tell ya..... the amount of times I forget to lock the house aswell....jeees... Always leaving tools on the engine aswell and driving off!!

The absolute classic though was the time I left an A4 pad on the roof and drove off. Doing 70 down the motorway I notice a large white A4 size lump on the spoiler! The wind pressure kept it pinned the spoiler, LOL! Pulled over and grabbed it :-)

That makes two of us then mate.. i'm the most absent minded person I know! Probably one of the reasons why I don't work on my own cars! I'd do something ridiculous like leaving the oil filler cap off or sommat genius!!

I'm always doing that.

I once pulled the ECU for a reset and went inside for a cuppa with the bonnet open, keys in the ignition. Sat down and totally forgot about it. Went outside 2 hours later....keys still in the ignition, face plate still on stereo!! Lucky or what!

I am Mr absent minded I tell ya..... the amount of times I forget to lock the house aswell....jeees... Always leaving tools on the engine aswell and driving off!!

The absolute classic though was the time I left an A4 pad on the roof and drove off. Doing 70 down the motorway I notice a large white A4 size lump on the spoiler! The wind pressure kept it pinned the spoiler, LOL! Pulled over and grabbed it :-)

*makes mental note to hang around outside kevs house*

I had quite the opposite thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago.

Was in a petrol station and left my keys in the ignition - the bloody alarm kicked in; total closure and then armed itself while I was outta the car... :oops: :x

i think you were very lucky mate , if i left my car unlocked i would proberly come back to find a family of pikes living in it , just as well i havent got a tow bar for there caravan ! :D LOL