Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Neglected VR*Update(I think it's a dead 'un...)*

Right guys,it's been a while since I 've been in here,hope that some of the old hands are still about......... :wink:

This VR has been stood outside one of the local garages for a while now-I think it was there even before Christmas!

I asked the guys in the workshop if they knew anything about it but all they could tell me is that it has a current MOT and they thought that the garage owner was holding on to it until a bill was settled-but they weren't sure.

I kind of know the current owner and he's did the same with his previous car-a black small bumper MK2 gti that was pristine when he bought it,but it too wasn't looked after and was basically fit for the scrapper when he sold it for this VR.

Should I make him an offer to take the car and preserve another Corrado?

The only thing is,I would then have FOUR cars to look after and try and run-I may have to sell the G60 to take on this project.....

What you think?

And what do you think would be a fair price for this VR?

still got most of the old faces on here mate :)

rado looks tidy in the pic, nice wheels etc, its gotta be worth a dabble.

I would have said buying a car off a guy who runs a garage is a good move, but from your story he doesn't sound like an enthusiast, maybe taking it off his hands is for the best ;)

looks like a good base for a VR6 porject to me mate, but then again it all bepends on how much you love your G60?!

Just a small update on this car-The owner apparently owes the garage for some work they carried out.

Until that gets paid off,he can't sell the car or do anything with it.

Unfotunately,by the time he's paid them for the work,the car will only be fit for the scrap cos it's been stood outside for,at least, the last 10 months. :cry:

It's brake discs are all corroded,it's covered in bird crap and dust,the alloys have had it as they are soo badly corroded I doubt that they would be safe to drive on,the battery will be dead and to top it all,before it stood all that time outside the garage,it stood for at least six months up to the sills in grassso the underside,I've been told is not in good order. :mad:

There goes another VR. :roll:

how much is the garage owed?

May be worth striking a deal and buying this car CHEAP...

Henny, you beat me to it...

perhaps we need a "forum fighting fund" to save any Cs we find like this?