Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

sns tuning gearknob,,

contacted dubcharged who posted up this original thread,,

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42570

well this gearknob arrived and it is absolutley awesome, its counterbored a bit deeper than the original gearknob so shortens the stick slightly, and its quite weighty and has improved the shift no end, kinda like fitting a weighted shift rod on a mk2 or mk1 with an o2o gearbox,,

in car pics to follow very shortly.

looks brilliant in the car too and is a nice size so fits in the hand very well indeed,

lovley engineered piece of kit..

I do like the look of them, its the 50 notes that I didn't like

there was a group buy offer on, maybe if a few people are interested the price would be lower?

i can see why its expensive when you look at the quality of it,,

its in the same sort of price range as the rubbish tacky gearknobs the likes of halfords etc sell

Hi Guys

I can do these at £45 delivered for forum members. Reason they are "pricey" is because they are machined in very small numbers in the UK from billet. I know you can get cheapo gearknobs - but thats what they are - cheap and mass produced.

If you want a gearknob just for looks then you have a huge choice out there with Momos etc etc. But if you want your gearchange to improve by being shorter in throw and smoother then you really should try these.

we spend 80+ on lupo wipers to get an improvement in visability

50 quid in comparison to the Halfords tat seems good price IMO and you get an improvement to the shift. Just need some spare moolah!

Keep up the good work

45 quid delivered you say?

/strokes his chin

I'll sleep on it (although it probably won't be very confortable)

Olly will be posting up some pics with it in his C shortly.

If anyone doesnt feel an improvement in gearchange, i'll refund the money (provided its not damaged) - thats how confident I am in this product!

Just out of curiosity (I've never had a diff knob in a car before), how would changing just the know make the change better? Or is it purely how it 'feels' to change as opposed to having an effect on the gearbox itself?

if the bore is deeper then this will shorten the sticks length, making the change feel tighter (your hand will travel a shorter distance). Plus the weight would add a bit to it to, heavy things are always better (except girls and luggage)

Thats a big bell end you've got there!

*Bulbous Head