Sign in to follow this  
Leeson

look what i got delivered today

hi peeps ive been signed off work now for 4 weeks with anxiety probs... and needed something to take my mind off things..so i decided to hunt down one of my old skool favorites.. a lunchbox :) .. i had one when i was a kid and loved it.... just got to build the dam thing now but thats part of the fun :)

lun001.jpg

yay! me too....modidied it slightly and turned it into an a-team pick up. Also had the beetle later on

Nice one

Gav

Woah :) Old skool!

I believe original ones are worth a few pennies these days... Tamiya classics usually sell for good money :)

Enjoy building/running it! :)

Nice toes :)

foot fetish.

Spose its better than saying "nice lunchbox" though :D

I had a grasshopper and smashed the wishbones on a regular basis. great fun.

I hope socks is the only thing you werent wearing, or are you one of those ebay reflection flashers...?! :lol:

Looks like a good project, keep us updated with the build process!!

I had a Grasshopper too Zippy :D

always wanted The Lunchbox or Clod Buster (4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering), my cousin had the Blackfoot

From Clod Buster info-

suspension - 8 Coilover Shocks

H&R? :lol:

haha, Bigwig too :D

I might buy one now, how much did you pay?

jesus, just checked the prices and the 'Super Clod Buster' (the new version) is 200 notes?!?!?!!?

cheers xbones.. you might of noticed my left toe nail is smaller and pointing left.. that is were i had a ingrowing toenail and had a operation years ago to sort it out :lol:

good idea peanut about the ateam conversion i might have to copy ya.. but dont worry i wont drive it near yours :lol:

i remember the avante aswell it was the muts nuts but only the rich kids had them :lol:

cheers xbones.. you might of noticed my left toe nail is smaller and pointing left.. that is were i had a ingrowing toenail and had a operation years ago to sort it out :lol:

:lol:

NO NEEEEEEEEEEEED! :pukeright:

:lol:

NO NEEEEEEEEEEEED! :pukeright:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

quick update... ive put some socks on :) .... built the gearbox..and just started on the bling... i remembered it being easyer than this ive got bits all over the place :shock:

nex001.jpg

['H3R4POR]stop avoiding the question' date=' how much was it? ;)[/quote']

sorry mate didnt see that... it was £129 and includes the radio gear aswell...i think it was about £80 without the radio gear..

look on http://www.goldstarstockists.com and check out the midnight pumpkin aswell its slightly more expensive but looks 8) ....its just a differnt shell on the same body

Cool! So much of my youth sent rebuilding kerb smashed plastic cars!

IIRC the lunchbox is just about the same car as the bettle, with a different shell, as was Blackfoot... except that didn't have oil filled dampers. I still have tamiya cars and parts in my parents loft I think :-) Striker and Sonic Fighter.

I knew of someone with clod buster and avante. . . he was a rich kid. Neil G60 wasn't the Vanquish the avante without all the carbon fibre? 4x4 jobber?

Ok, so in the last 2 weeks the forum has made me decide on my son's presents for about 12 years now... transformers...Tamiya Cars... let me guess, the next new thread will be about scalextrix? with its USB, V's computer racing, online racing hook up and lane changing....not that I have ever looked at these things.

Quality, the monster trucks were brilliant fun off road, I used to have the bush devil, my little brother had the blackfoot, and my older brother had the big wig. I remember sticking an 18 turn motor in it and pulling wheelies, happy days!

talking about motors.... i sent my gf in the shed :) looking through all my old bits...and she found this little baby(a schumacher formula 1 motor).... im not sure if im going to use it as i remember it grinded up all the cogs in my last one....but it will definatly be sat on the wheelie bar... :D

mo001.jpg

Old school! Wouldn't advise putting that in a truck though cos it will shred the gearbox, I learnt that the hard way and ended up putting something like a 25T motor in.

I've still got a Traxxas TCP in the loft with a 10x3 motor in, damn that thing was quick :)

quick update... ive put some socks on :)

nex001.jpg

But I'm not even gonna ask what that "fleshy intrusion" to the picture is :lol:

the midnight pumpkin, brilliant!!!!

right, feck it, I'm getting one next month.

what was the battery life like, I can't remember, wasn't it really short, have has that changed with technology?

['H3R4POR]the midnight pumpkin, brilliant!!!!

right, feck it, I'm getting one next month.

what was the battery life like, I can't remember, wasn't it really short, have has that changed with technology?

good choice mate...it has a bit more chrome on it nowadays..

the batterys are a bit better i think.. :?:

i have found 5 old ones and a fast charger which charges in 30mins so i think i should have enough....

dinkus mate your suppose to be looking at my bits not the surroundings :lol:

I think thats the problem, he is looking at your bits!!! ;)

My Boss Cat was a bugger for leaking shocks I seem to remember. but wicked fun with an uprated motor.

ahhhhh the smell of torn up lawn and the fear from the folks when they came home and found donuts on the lawn. :mad: :lol:

right guys its been about 6hours and shes getting there i just need to paint the shell,then put the last of the chrome on and she will look a millon times better... but i have just turned her on and i have no power to the wheels but i have steering... its because of these new bloody electronic speed controllers.. it has a built in alarm and a flashing light im not really sure what the hell is going on :? :mad:

car001.jpg