Sign in to follow this  
Leeson

look what i got delivered today

mate stop taking pictures of your sasuage , theres no need for it :D :D :D

nice looking truck though , ive got a tamiya TLO2 which is running a blue ice man motor , no limits speed controler and has ABS to stop those curb crunching moments , im also currently preping a corrado shell to go on it but dont have any decals for it so if any one knows of a decal sheet for a corrado let us know please :D :D :D :D

Cool, i think every petrolhead is into RC cars as well !!!!

My first ever RC car was a Tamiya Hotshot, bought by the old man for me, it had a Kyosho LE-MANS 640E motor in it, was a fast thing in the day !! Im still a big kid @ heart i have raced RC cars since i was a kid, ive even raced in big events in the states and europe when i was younger and had more time on my hands. still do some racing now when i have time, i have a Team Asocciated RC10TC4 On road car running an 8 turn motor and an XRAY XB8 Rallycross car, youve set me off now so i might dig one of them out for a bit play !!!!!!!!

In fact as a bit of Corrado related info, a british kid called David Spashett won the world on road RC championships in 1996, his sponsor, Trinity Racing bought him a dragon green Storm as a "bonus" for winning !!!!

Ive got a few old school cars which i have bought from ebay, i have 2 hotshots, one is still new in the box and never been built another is rough and looks like the one i had as a kid, i also have a Tamiya Bigwig which is as new, take a look @ http://www.tamiyaclub.com there is loads of things on there to relive your youth with !!!!!!!!!!!

Can we have an RC forum ??????

Jimmi.............................

right guys its been about 6hours and shes getting there i just need to paint the shell,then put the last of the chrome on and she will look a millon times better... but i have just turned her on and i have no power to the wheels but i have steering... its because of these new bloody electronic speed controllers.. it has a built in alarm and a flashing light im not really sure what the hell is going on :? :mad:

car001.jpg

your directional tires are on the wrong way round mate :wink: :lol:

to be fair it looks great though!

i had a Monster Beetle and then after a bit i had the Grave Digger! 8)

i loved them both but always found that the monster beetle rear dampers were too stiff and always caused wear on the ends of the driveshafts at the wheel hub end! i sorted that by swaping the front dampers with the backs so that the rears were softer causing the car to squat down and level the driveshafts off!

i always wanted the Clod Buster but they were well expensive at the time........ if they are £200 now i honestly dont think they were much different price wise when i was a kid!

I had a grasshopper and smashed the wishbones on a regular basis. great fun.

me too!!!mind u i remember when mine went awol when it went out of range,damn that was quick,used to go through nobblys like my g60 goes through tyres :lol:

forgot about the tyres..nice one spykee :)

we used to have a radio controlled car club years ago and a proper dirt track with a wooden stand overlooking.. dam it was good .. but people use to hyjack our cars with the same bands :( ..

quick update.... shes up and fully running and quick as sh#t... its even better then i remember it being when ils a kid... :D ... sos guys i had to add the party sausage in last pic.. as they kept me going through my build :lol: i picked out one that looks a bit like wayne rooney.. i might stick it on ebay :)

rofl at the Rooney Sausage :lol:

glad its al together mate, get a movie of it or something :D

really want one now, i'll keep my eyes peepled

['H3R4POR]haha' date=' Bigwig too :D

Looks a bit better than the wig you're wearing now :-)

My mate used to have the Wig of bigs too and it went out of range and smashed itself to bits on a concrete post :-) They didn't have failsafes in those days :-)

I was never allowed such a luxuries as a kid :-( So to make up for that I bought an FG Marder Race.....but it needs public liability insurance due to it's size, LOL!

but it needs public liability insurance due to it's size, LOL!

yeah yeah Kev, you say that to all the girls, and what happens? Disapointment, thats what!

kevs swings the other way bloody hell after all this time on the forum id never have even suspected not for a minute that you were straight ! you really hide that well!!