Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Boost leaks

Ive been running my g60 conversion around for a few days without the charger.

Ive just fitted the charger but car feels slow.

Ive never driven a g60 before but would of thought it would be quicker than this.

Do i have to disconnect the battery for ecu to re learn or something?

Im going to check what boost its making in a bit

Spec is

68mm pulley

boost return

guessing its chipped?!?!

if its not chipped then that could cause problems, not fueling correctly.

also, did you flush out the IC to make sure there is no debris in there from the last charger that grenaded?

the other thing to do is get the timing checked cos if its been altered on the dizzy to compensate for the loss of the charger (which it shouldnt have been) then it could be running to lean......

is the car running smoothly on aceleration?

it sounds like its over fueling, possibly the timing is out..... i had that until i sorted out my timing!

it felt flat as hell and had lots of pops and crackles when lifting off the throttle

I know this might sound stupid mate but it's worth checkin as I got mine deliveried back to me the other day by my garage - and the mechanic said it felt low on power he thought one of the seals was'nt working proper on the back side of the charger- anyway so I sourced some seals from my work place and replaced them sorted I thought started her up left her running went again under the bonnet to look for leaks - and the silly feck hadn't put the {main} big pipe from the back of the charger on proper so I tightened hte fit and the jubilee clip and is all now back in full working order so to go on a bit - just tryin to say it's worth checking charger seal's mate

Just done the mfa boost check and im seeing 1290 so guessing still have leaks,goes better now though

1290?!?!

thats a massive leak somewhere cos it should be reading about 1800 on a std charger!

im guessing its leaking at the silencer box,got a new one arriving any day.

Charger is a stage 4 pitstop developements jobby.

Just off now to buy all new jubilee clips

right,silencer box had no seal in it! ive fixed that and now its boosting 1620?

Need to know which pipe the ecu vacuum goes on,on the throttlebody as i reckon this is why i have the pops and bangs

mine feels loads better now with the rsr outlet,i reckon i had a major boost leak also @ nthe silencer box,it felt quite quick before but nothin excitin,but now i'm proper lovin drivin her again and the sound @ high revx is awsome!!toothed pulley kit next i feel :lol:

mine feels loads better but just think the fuelling isnt right.

Can someone send me the link to the wiki article showing the mfa boost results as i cant find it?

stolen from the wiki

* Start Motor

* Move the MFA selector to "2"

* Press and hold the MFA end button (keep holding)

* Stop motor

* Start Motor

* Release the MFA end button.

* Press the MFA End button one time.

* For UK cars, you should now see 450-470 (warm engine) fluctuating with idle.

* Go run your car!!! 3rd and 4th gear to REDLINE. Carefully note the highest #'s you've got.

* A pullied charger should not make less than 11.6psi, and even so, thats weak. A Stock charger should make ~~11psi in perfect shape!

* USA EURO Hg(#'s of boost/vacuum) Comments

o 15 200 -23.7

o 55 400 -17.8

o 90 600 -11.9

o 127 800 -5.9

o 148 1000 0 (Atmosphere- ala no boost, charger is bypassed)

o 172 1200 2.9 psi (Your charger is dead or big boost leak)

o 192 1400 5.8 psi (Your charger is about dead or big boost leak)

o 211 1600 8.7 psi (Your charger needs new apex strips or big boost leak)

o 228 1800 11.6 psi (Great for stock pulley, Probably needs new apex strips if 68mm pulley)

o 242 2000 14.5 psi (Great for 68mm pulley on stock charger)

o 255 2200 17.4 psi (Great for 68mm pulley on heavily ported charger, hold on to your ass fast!!)

o 255 and up folks need to be careful with fueling, as the programming maps end at about 242 on the ecu. Dynotuning, and air/fuel/egt gauge, and custom chip recommended

Found another boost leak today.the seal on the silencer box had popped out on 1 corner!

Going alot better now 1890 on mfa

aide i wouldnt trust that a mfa boost check a 100% try get a boost gauge from somewhere as i only say mine reach 1890 - 1910 in theory it should be higher than that

mines 1890 aswell! wonder if thats when the isv bleeds it off? Got a giro valve comin for it now anyway

A valve to stop the ISV from venting the boost at high pressure. Although I didn't think the ISV "vented" until after 16 psi. At least on my last run with Darren at G-werks mine was pulling 15.5 psi fine without it venting.