Sign in to follow this  
robwilson69

Vr6 corrado k-reg 1993

Hi all i really need help im new hear hopefully you can all help,,

ok i have a k-reg vr6 which does not start a real problem so many ppl have looked at it and this is what i have replaced so far and still no joy

1.. coil pack

2.. crank sharft sensor

this is what i was told it was but guess what its not,, ok i have checked but there is no spark to spark plugs how does it fire at all plugs at once or??

pls help with solution to this fault hopefully its just something common..

Welcome to the forum...

Have you had it on VAGCOM?

Have you changed the ECU and fuel pump relays and checked all the fuses?

I assume it turns but does not fire so rules out the ignition switch?

hi there yes engine turns as normal but no fire i have had people look at it but not sure what equipment they used,, i am looking on ebay for bits but not sure what i need to read codes etc heard of obd and also the is an orange device on ebay portable thingy,, would be gratefull if someone knows what bits i need from ebay to read codes from ecu,, im sure fuses etc have been checked,, but i might do that myself now you mention it, what relay/fuse controlls firing etc?

OK, if you want to DIY that’s OK, it will cost less but take longer and you may need to buy some special tools. Firstly, you need to get a fault code report using something like VAG-COM so if this is not available to you really need to get hold of it, as guesswork can prove expensive. As your car is early and will not start, you should get a hall sender G40 fault code that may be truthful. To eliminate this you need a healthy battery. Get VAG-COM into the selection screen and then start cranking the engine constantly whilst setting VAG-COM into engine group 01 and then fault codes where you should get a truthful report. If I had to take a guess, I would say it is the hall sender in the distributor, as your car should have one being a 93. The fact that the car has had a coil pack is odd, maybe they meant the coil transformer unit as a coil “pack” normally means the 6-point unit on the side of the head. What is the chassis and engine number? Do not post these numbers, PM them as its personal info that could be abused. How about a picture of the nearside of the engine?

@crasher

brillant m8 this is the help i need ok what was called the coil pack is the transformer lookin thing at rear of engine bay which has 1 ht lead going from that to the engine distributer i have not have the disbuter apart as i think perhaps the problem lies there this is a friends car which has been sitting for a year as it doesn't start he has let me have a quick look today and being me its a channelge i will not give up till fixed,, ok i can buy vag-com lead etc just need to know what connector i will have perhaps i best check this 2moz, ebay links to the correct item woul be best to stop me purchasing the wrong thing.. i will take a picture of engine 2moz when i go to my mates yard...

Hi there he is pic of engine,, i think my friend wants to sell it as it is now how much do you people think it is worth in its current condition? but im still able to repair if it is the distributer

:slightlyofftopic:

I assume it turns but does not fire so rules out the ignition switch?

(i know nothing)

prob thinking outta my arse, when my ign switch went, the engine would still turn but not fire! so wouldn`t rule out the ign switch

ben

oh well wanted to fix it someone just offered him £1100 as it is he gonna take it,,

thanks all anyway..

Looks like someones got themsleves a bargain then :)