Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

THE I want an EOS thread!!

I dont know what everyone here thinks about the EOS but I want one!!!

I'd seen the pictures and thought it was okay. They now have 2 at the dealership on the end of my street (Oswestry VAG dealers). They have a 1.6fsi in light blue which is okay but they also have a 2.0FSI sport in pearl black with all the toys. It looks sweeeeet!

After seeing the EOS in the flesh I want one now. Pearl black metalic with the red nappa leather please. :lol:

Anyone else seen one or want one?

:oops: must admit i'm feeling it too especially in black :oops:

please note i'm not gay or a hairdresser

Nope. I'd much much rather have a GTI or R32 please! Convertibles just aren't my cup of tea!

I know convertibles bring the words "gay or a hairdresser" to mind. Which is how I thought about the EOS until I saw one. Its got a metal roof though!! So its a coupe! :lol:

looks a like a loaf of bread, so boring and bland. no road prescence to it either. Would rather the Audi version if pushed.

we've taken ours out of the showroom for the moment save me having to see it everyday :D

is it only me who thinks it looks like a spiced up version of the 307

why do you think VW built it :?:[/quote:e186e]

because their concentrating on the gay market and soppy lil girls whos daddies have too much money to spend on them

is it only me who thinks it looks like a spiced up version of the 307

why do you think VW built it :?:[/quote:b1dd0]

because their concentrating on the gay market and soppy lil girls whos daddies have too much money to spend on them[/quote:b1dd0]

exactly and all that lot currently buy/used to buy things like the 307 convertable

seen a few in the flesh horrible but could be saved slammed on some lm's maybe are they 5x112 does anyone know?

I'd be very surprised if they're not tbh.. VW seem to be going 5x112 on most of their cars atm!

yeah 5x112, 3.2 only available on DSG box at mo too.

Need some major archwork too. my MK4 1.0L Polo had more sportier flared arches.

Corrado arches blended on and a few more tweeks would be heading in right direction.

And boot space ........forget about it there isnt any.

seen a few in the flesh horrible but could be saved slammed on some lm's maybe are they 5x112 does anyone know?

Yep, got to agree with needing to be slammed and on LM or some image splits..

Looked at a black EOS today. Too expensive and too HEAVY..... but beautifully constructed and a good looking car imo. I sooner own an EOS than a TT roadster or any of the French folding tops. A black one dropped on some 18s will look anything but gay and anyone that says a car is gay is a narrow minded berk imo. If it takes a car's aesthetics to question your sexuality than you're a closet hom.

lol @kev, your gay lol

only thing i like abt the EOS is that they use the same roll bars that pop out over the headrests as that of a Lamborghini Gallardo

Looked at a black EOS today. Too expensive and too HEAVY.....

Just checking my EOS brochure......(I know.... :oops:)

The T-FSI (200bhp one) is exactly 2 tonne, gross weight. It then says 1645 kgs "unladen", what does that mean?

A MK2 is approx 950kg. Unladen generally means all fluids but no people / luggage on board. Eos looks a lot better in the metal than in pictures but the roof is already causing problems - such a complicated mechanism combined with it being built in Portugal is a recipe for trouble - very expensive as well, easily pay £27,000 for a decently specced 2.0 turbo, give me a nice Rado and a 2/3 year old VX220 Turbo for the same money any day of the week

Surely the point of the Eos is to waft about in comfort? Fine if that's your thing, but I'd personally much rather have a VX/Elise than a car whose sole purpose is to be seen in...

CaiosG60 PWR, 1645kg isn't that heavy?! A VR6 is only about 1250kg, and it's not exactly considered a lightweight :lol:

Not impressed to be honest. Looks well built, but it's just a bit ordinary. It's a Passat with a gimic. If I had to go for a cab, it would have to be an A4, S2K or 350Z, all for similar money. No brainer IMHO.